BMT and IND Help

FamousNYLover

Sorry to post this topic again, but I try to do topic search but search is too confusing for me. I cannot remember if I use prefix or not.

Beside (F)(G), is there any other stations on line that mix up with BMT and IND?

I know (J)(M)(Z) stations, 4th Av Stations, Brighton Beach Line, West End, Seach Beach Stations, Astoria Line are BMT.

I was wondering if DeKalb Av is BMT.

Is Franklin Av BMT or IND on (S)(C)

I know I ask this, I forgot which part on (F)(G) Culver Line becomes BMT.

I know 6th Av, Grand Concourse, 8th Av, Rockaways, Fulton St (A)(C) are IND.

I am still planning to do BMT and IND Station races on seperate days.

Please help and sorry for incovience.

Because NYC Subway and Winkepedia Guides are SO CONFUSING.

I was wondering if DeKalb Av is BMT.

DeKalb Avenue (where the (B), (D), (M), (N), (Q), (R) meet up) is 100% BMT.

Is Franklin Av BMT or IND on (S)(C)

The Franklin Avenue Shuttle platform is BMT. The (A) and (C) train platform is IND.

I know I ask this, I forgot which part on (F)(G) Culver Line becomes BMT.

Leaving Ditmas Avenue and proceeding down the Culver Ramp, the traks become IND. The Culver Ramp is IND, however, because they were built by the IND (obviously :P). This would mean that as soon as the train enters Ditmas Avenue it is not on original BMT trackage.

Hope this all helps.

Im not sure on what u mean, but if u mean a Line where IND Trains and BMT Routes are mixed:

Well:

(C) Fulton St is IND, (S) Franklin in BMT So I dont think they mix, unless station related yes

(D)(M) West End of course (Tho BMT Line)

(D)(N)(M)(R)- 4th Ave (BMT Line)

(:P(Q)- Brigiton (B)= IND and (Q) BMT (Tho BMT for the Line)

(F)(G) does NOT become BMT as the IND Culver/Crosstown line is IND, it use to be BMT(For Culver) back then.

Most likly the mix for IND/BMT is in bklyn, except maybe the (R) in Queens which is a BMT, so its IND/BMT mix for for the (R) on Queens Blvd Line

________

Also you said (A)(C) for Concourse, those are not Concourse, (C) was before 1998 but no longer, (B)(D) is IND Concourse

I'll add one more to that:

B/D, once they run past the Grand st station to go on to the bridge, becomes BMT.

And the R once it splits from the N in Queens becomes IND. I dunno about how to classify lines individually, but since the majority of the R is BMT, I would concider it a BMT line.

And as for the F since the majority is IND, it's an IND line.

I'll add one more to that:

B/D, once they run past the Grand st station to go to the bridge, becomes BMT.

But as a Line right? Routes (:P(D) are still IND tho?!

Seeing that:

IND Routes are: (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(V)(S) Rockaway

BMT Routes are: (L)(J)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(Z)(S) Franklin

But as a Line right? Routes (:P(D) are still IND tho?!

Seeing that:

IND Routes are: (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(V)(S) Rockaway

BMT Routes are: (L)(J)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(Z)(S) Franklin

Oh of course, the B/D are IND, even the majority of the D at least more than qualifies it as an IND line.

As far as the F, before I really knew the system, I always thought the entire line was IND, but I now know it's really IND up to the ramp before Ditmas.

I always wondered, is the (F) Entire Culver Line BMT or now IND? Some people like to use BMT Culver for the (F)

Its IND, it was BMT before (I dunno why people still call it BMT, im guessing since it was for the EL, even tho it snot now)

A proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IND_Culver_Line#BMT_Culver_Line_.281875.E2.80.931954.29

Im guessing was made as IND Culver since the (F) is an IND

I think?

Im not sure on what u mean, but if u mean a Line where IND Trains and BMT Routes are mixed:

Well:

(C) Fulton St is IND, (S) Franklin in BMT So I dont think they mix, unless station related yes

(D)(M) West End of course (Tho BMT Line)

(D)(N)(M)(R)- 4th Ave (BMT Line)

(:P(Q)- Brigiton (B)= IND and (Q) BMT (Tho BMT for the Line)

(F)(G) does NOT become BMT as the IND Culver/Crosstown line is IND, it use to be BMT(For Culver) back then.

Most likly the mix for IND/BMT is in bklyn, except maybe the (R) in Queens which is a BMT, so its IND/BMT mix for for the (R) on Queens Blvd Line

________

Also you said (A)(C) for Concourse, those are not Concourse, (C) was before 1998 but no longer, (B)(D) is IND Concourse

I meant train station.

Sorry about that, I forgot to put semi colomun instead of period.

I'm trying to mark all BMT Station on one subway map and marking IND on other maps.

(A) - IND

(:P - IND Grand St and north, BMT south of Grand St

(C) - IND

(D) - IND Grand St and north, BMT south of Grand St

(E) - IND

(F) - IND Church Ave and north, BMT south of Church Ave

(G) - IND

(J) - BMT

(L) - BMT

(M) - BMT

(N) - BMT

(Q) - BMT

(R) - IND Queens Plaza and north, BMT south of Queens Plaza

(S) - BMT

(V) - IND

(W) - BMT

Rerouted (R) switch to IND north of 57/7 when going to Queens via 63rd St.

Its IND, it was BMT before (I dunno why people still call it BMT, im guessing since it was for the EL, even tho it snot now)

A proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IND_Culver_Line#BMT_Culver_Line_.281875.E2.80.931954.29

Im guessing was made as IND Culver since the (F) is an IND

I think?

Okay, Mark, I'll take your word for that, thanks.

(A) - IND

(:P - IND Grand St and north, BMT south of Grand St

(C) - IND

(D) - IND Grand St and north, BMT south of Grand St

(E) - IND

(F) - IND Church Ave and north, BMT south of Church Ave

(G) - IND

(J) - BMT

(L) - BMT

(M) - BMT

(N) - BMT

(Q) - BMT

(R) - IND Queens Plaza and north, BMT south of Queens Plaza

(S) - BMT

(V) - IND

(W) - BMT

Rerouted (R) switch to IND north of 57/7 when going to Queens via 63rd St.

But still its like this tho:

IND: (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(V)(S)[Rockaway]

BMT: (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(Z)(S)[Franklin]

since it goes by The Main line, which are in Manhattan except the (G) which its Bkand Qns Crosstown

Yes, but Alex listed the breakdown of each line into the details.

So it's not saying your grouping is incorrect, but it's not 'specific enough'.

o ok, he forgot to add (S) Rockaway which is an INDependent

Maybe a bit confusing but in The Bronx and Manhattan the (;) and (D) are IND and in Brooklyn they are B.M.T. The West End and Brighton have always been B.M.T..

The (S) Franklin Avenue is B.M.T.; The (S) Rockaway Park (aka the (H) ) is IND.

The (V) is considered IND.; The (W) and (Z) are considered B.M.T..

The (R) is B.M.T. in Brooklyn and Manhattan; In Queens it is IND..

The (F) is IND. though the Culver Line from Ditmars Avenue to Coney Island is an original B.M.T. built structure. Until October 30, 1954, the IND. ended at Church Avenue and the Culver Line turned west at Ditmars Avenue to the Fourth Avenue )Brooklyn) subway and until service was ended on May 11, 1975, an (SS) Culver Shuttle ran from Ninth Avenue Lower Level to Ditmars Avenue, stopping at Fort Hamilton Parkway and Thirteenth Avenue.

Before Chrystie Street opened on November 26, 1967, the (T) served The West End. Weekdays the (T) was a Broadway Express from Astoria and ran 6am to 10am and 4pm to 8pm. Saturdays the (T) ran from 57th Street-Seventh Avenue 6am to 8pm. In between, the (TT) served the West End and was a Nassau Street local from Chambers Street.

Brighton was the domain of lines such as the (Q), (QB), (QT) and (QJ).

Chrystie Street gave us the (B), made possible the (D) via Brighton and allowed the (F) to be extended, replacing the (D) on the Culver. It also gave us the express service we have on Sixth Avenue.

Here's my little explanation, since 1967, the IND and BMT were clearly merged together to form the B Division. That was already happening with the IND Culver-take over and the BMT going to Queens. But 1967 was that big year.

So if you want to see which lines/stations are IND/BMT here's the thing, study them not by the individual route, but rather the line:

BMT:

Broadway subway (N)(Q)(R)(W)

Brighton (:D(Q)(S)

West End (D)

Sea Beach (N)

Bay Ridge/4th Avenue (D)(M)(N)(R)

Culver (F)

Astoria (N)(W)

Jamaica (Incl. Archer level lower) (J)(Z)

Myrtle Avenue (M)

Centre Street-Nassau Street Subway (J)(M)(Z)

Canarsie-14th Street Subway (L)

IND:

8th Avenue-Central Park West-Washington Hts (A)(B)(C)(D)

6th Avenue (incl. Rutgers Tunnel) (B)(D)(F)(V)

Brooklyn-Queens Crosstown (G)

Concourse (B)(D)

South Brooklyn-Prospect Park (F)(G)

Fulton Street-Liberty Avenue-Rockaways (A)(C)(S)

Queens Blvd (incl. Archer upper level) (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)

For transfer stations, most are seperately built, as they predate the 1940 Unification. Thus Franklin upper (the el) is BMT, the lower level is IND. 34th (Broadway level) is BMT, 34th (6th Avenue) is IND. Some of these stations have different names, such as Essex Street on the Centre Street Subway. It is not the same as DELANCY on the lower level. Delancy, regardless, is a pure IND station. Essex is a BMT station. At some stations where "IND" services mingle with BMT services, the stations are considered to be BMT. These stations include 36th Street, where the (D) is considered as an IND line, but since it is on BMT trackage, it is technically a BMT line in this section. Vice versa for BMT lines going on IND trackage.

Parsons/Archer and Sutphin/Archer have split levels for IND and BMT services, trains don't mingle. Thus you go by levels again. The upper level is IND, the lower level is BMT.

Lex-63 will be a new story altogether. Half of the platform will be IND, half of the platform will be for BMT services.

Lex-63 will be a new story altogether. Half of the platform will be IND, half of the platform will be for BMT services.

Nope. Lex/63 is (will be) completely IND. The current active platforms for the (F) are IND and the lay-up tracks - which will become the other side of each platform - are also IND. The IND begins just north of 57/7 on the express tracks, where the track designation changes from "A" to "GT"

Nope. Lex/63 is (will be) completely IND. The current active platforms for the (F) are IND and the lay-up tracks - which will become the other side of each platform - are also IND. The IND begins just north of 57/7 on the express tracks, where the track designation changes from "A" to "GT"

So I guess, from inferring, this will mean all of the SAS is IND. Given that all express trackage past 57th is IND.

Archived