Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Subway rider reunites 10-year-old with parents after being separated

A subway rider played good Samaritan after a 10-year-old upstate New York boy wandered onto a subway train and got separated from his parents on the platform.

Sarah Kranzberg calmed down the kid - identified only as Thomas - and shouted at the frantic mom and dad that she would meet them at the next station.

Five trains passed, but the parents eventually showed up and were reunited with their son.

"They said thank you about a million times," said Kranzberg, 28, who works for a law firm and has no children.

Full story: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/08/06/2009-08-06_subway_rider_reunites_10yearold_boy_with_parents_after_being_separated_on_train_.html#ixzz0NSpkxzQb

post-1-133288580694_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288580694_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the story Harry. I guess that's another incident this year, except this one in B division. I'm sure none of these incidents were as scary as me losing my parents in Flushing back in '94 when I was only 2.

Notice, she doesn't have an Ipod on? That alone makes her a rare commodity on the subway. Most riders aren't paying attention to where they are going, never mind somebody else! I love it when our control center makes an announcement for a lost individual, and then add, 'they don't speak any English'