Queens Bus ideas for 2010 and beyond

Shortline Bus

It is a factor, but it's not so much the narrowness as it is the congestion that plagues broadway (along the Q53 route), especially during the PM hrs...

Not that I agree w/ the premise, but SBS Q53's can start over there by the xfer point (QB/Woodhaven)... Problem is, this would resemble nothin more than a LTD variant of the Q21, to some extent....

Iono, there wouldn't be much, if any trade-off b/w converting the Q53 to SBS, as opposed to just keeping it what it is... a Limited....

(of course, you'll get some that'll say that (the current Q53 we have) was tarnished, when all the additional stops along Woodhaven were added)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q17: Some weekend frequency reductions

Q22: Extension to Breezy Point worthwhile?

Q65: Sunday service should match Q25 frequency

Q79: Peak service should be retained

Q100: I think some frequency cuts can be obtained here. All late night trips should run local.

QM1/A: Restructuring/trip reductions

Q22: Extension to Breezy Point worthwhile?

If you knew anything about breezy point & how its residents view "outsiders" (meaning, any NON breezy point resident), you wouldn't suggest this...

case in point... don't know if you know this, but there's a mini-bus that picks up @ the Q22 terminal (Beach 169th), that's made specifically for transporting those residents to breezy pt.....

Q65: Sunday service should match Q25 frequency

what is it (sunday service on the 65) currently?

Q100: I think some frequency cuts can be obtained here. All late night trips should run local.

just run the late night trips on the 100, local... and reduce late night trips on the 69... far more ppl. utilize the 100 anyway... late nights, the 69 is dead...

QM1/A: Restructuring/trip reductions

yeh, I have to agree with this... those buses run way too often...

replies in red...

case in point... don't know if you know this, but there's a mini-bus that picks up @ the Q22 terminal (Beach 169th), that's made specifically for transporting those residents to breezy pt.....

Never heard of this.

what is it (sunday service on the 65) currently?

Q65 Sunday: AM 30, Noon 20, PM 23, Eve 30

Q25 Sunday: AM 30, Noon+PM 15, Eve 20

Q25 really needs to be 10-15 minutes, Q65 15-20, and Q17 12-17.

Archived