Railroad Museum of Long Island question

Forest Glen

After seeing this thread http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=828397 on Subchat I found out there's a railroad museum on Long Island. I called the Riverhead site to find out the hours but they said it's only open in the spring, summer, and early fall. Does anyone know when it will reopen in 2010? I want to head there during the spring of 2010.

http://rmli.us/RMLI/Welcome.html

They are open right now, and will be through Columbus Day. Reopening in the spring is at Memorial Day.

There is both a Riverhead and Greenport site, but it is NOT possible to visit both in one day using LIRR. A bus will be required to connect to Port Jefferson or the Montauk branch.

http://rmli.us/RMLI/Welcome.html

They are open right now, and will be through Columbus Day. Reopening in the spring is at Memorial Day.

There is both a Riverhead and Greenport site, but it is NOT possible to visit both in one day using LIRR. A bus will be required to connect to Port Jefferson or the Montauk branch.

The train that stops in Riverhead (the station is directly infornt of the museum) goes to Greenport. The Best time to go from Riverhead to Greenport is in the summer when more train run out there. It can be donr though. Oh, and they are both on the Ronkonkoma Branch and have nothing to do with the Montauk or Port Jeff lines.

The train that stops in Riverhead (the station is directly infornt of the museum) goes to Greenport. The Best time to go from Riverhead to Greenport is in the summer when more train run out there. It can be donr though. Oh, and they are both on the Ronkonkoma Branch and have nothing to do with the Montauk or Port Jeff lines.

What I mean is this:

Train arrives Greenport 1205

Train leaves Greenport 1311

Train arrives Riverhead 1350

Next train leaves Riverhead at 1850, nearly 3 hours after museum closes.

Well, here I am after just noticing this thread, and Thank You for that mention about me Harry! The Museum is open from April till December, then of coarse is closed until April! Yes I am a member of both RMLI and NRHS Twin Forks Chapter to which is all based out of RMLI and works conjunctively together! Our new RMLI President Don Fisher is bringing in lots of things on the plate, and after Railfest 2 weeks ago will have more to come. If you look at the Museums website http://www.rmli.us, it gives you lots of info! Any questions on things further, just send it via the officers page, and look for our president who can answer lots of stuff! For now the hours of operation until closing is 10-4 Saturdays, and Sundays! Also if you do go, you can see the stuff inside the main shop, and then proceed to see the C68 in the immediate ground as well as the BEDT 16! After that, go across the street to see the M1 pair, P72's old Double Decker, yard engine, RS3, and the tender of 39. The admission of $5.00 also includes if you want to see the Greenport Site on 4th St which has the Jaws caboose, and wooden caboose #14. Driving the extra 30 minutes to Greenport is worth it too because you are at the eastern end of the original Main Line, and by the Shelter Island Ferry with great views. The old turntable is there for all to see on the south end of Greenport Station! If you have any further questions that I can help out, just email me directly!

What I mean is this:

Train arrives Greenport 1205

Train leaves Greenport 1311

Train arrives Riverhead 1350

Next train leaves Riverhead at 1850, nearly 3 hours after museum closes.

Riverhead has an excellent public library just a block away and the neat old village itself is also a fairly short walk.

Archived