My first multilevel sighting

Harry

I finally got to see my first multilevel train. A nine car mutilevel train pulled into Aberdeen-Matawan station being pulled by an ALP46. Now I know for sure they are running on the NJCL.

I'm glad that you were finally able to see a multi-level consist. I have yet to photograph a multi-level consist on the NJCL.

Eric

Also, I forgot to add, I spotted my first diesel train at Aberdeen-Matawan. All this during peak hours. There was trains pulling in every 6 minutes of so. A very busy station during these hours.

A diesal loco during rush hour isn't all that uncommon,well at least for me...when I lived there.

Also, I forgot to add, I spotted my first diesel train at Aberdeen-Matawan. All this during peak hours. There was trains pulling in every 6 minutes of so. A very busy station during these hours.

Aberedeen-Matawan is a MAJOR NJ Transit station and has a lot of riders.

Eric

Aberedeen-Matawan is a MAJOR NJ Transit station and has a lot of riders.

Eric

It was great seeing all them trains pulling in so often. I'm usually out here on weekends but I actually made it on an early Friday night. I'm thinking about moving out here so this might be an everyday thing for me.

Funny thing, I live in Freehold and whenever I go to Matawan, I see some strange stuff. Move to Matawan because it's gonna be the coolest thing you'll ever do.

Ah Freehold, I frequent the Court Jester and used to go to the Legion by the firehouse. My brother lives in Marlboro.

Ah Freehold, I frequent the Court Jester and used to go to the Legion by the firehouse. My brother lives in Marlboro.

Neat I went to a Marlboro school. I worried that NJ Transit will get into some hot water, I've seen Bi-Levels on the NEC and well those coaches look tipsy with speed.

• 3 weeks later...
I think it would be pretty hard for the people to manouver between the cab car and the last multi-level car don't ya think:confused:

The multilevels have three distinct levels. This is why they are named 'Multilevels' and not 'Bilevels'. The main seating areas towards the center of the car are above and below the 'normal' level on single-level cars. However, the ends of the car are at the same height as the single level cars, and you can pass from a multilevel car to a single-level car (or vice-versa) just as if you were passing between two single-level cars.

The multilevels have three distinct levels. This is why they are named 'Multilevels' and not 'Bilevels'. The main seating areas towards the center of the car are above and below the 'normal' level on single-level cars. However, the ends of the car are at the same height as the single level cars, and you can pass from a multilevel car to a single-level car (or vice-versa) just as if you were passing between two single-level cars.

Great analysis and information as I never been in one before. Would you know the number of seats in the middle level of the car?

Archived