Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Grand Concourse

Third bus transfer

Well I first noticed early this year that when I took the B41 to B11 to school and later when class was done, I caught a B6 eastward. I noticed that the B6 said 'xfer'.

I did the same order yesterday and same result. So I guess somehow the B6 is the 3rd leg of the transfer. I still need to reconfirm if I can take the Q35, instead of the B11, along with the B6 to see if it still works on one fare.

So just telling you guys about it.

It happened to me also. When I had Student MetroCard (when I was volunteering at Recycling Club at HSES).

I use (6) from 96th St to 51st St, (E) to 23rd St-Ely Av.

Then after I use 1-hour computer, I got free transfer to 45th Rd-Court House Sq, and again with M11.

Ok, tried this again. This time: B41, B6, B46. And it worked. I'm fairly positive 90% as long as the B6 is one of the buses, you will get one more free transfer.

Just passing this info out there.

Don't think it supposed to work that way. Probably has something to do with not counting the B6 as a fare if you transfer to the B11.

IM going to try this on my fare box with a card to see if it works. If possible give me your direction so i know what sign code to enter in farebox so i can confirm this

Don't think it supposed to work that way. Probably has something to do with not counting the B6 as a fare if you transfer to the B11.

True, but the 2nd test trial that I did involved the B46.

IM going to try this on my fare box with a card to see if it works. If possible give me your direction so i know what sign code to enter in farebox so i can confirm this

I'm not sure if the direction makes a difference, but:

B41 northbound > B6 eastbound > B46 southbound.

something simlar hapens to me you can tak the subway and transfer to the s53 and the s62 with 2 free transfer they give you

well this is programed for SI routes.

It happened to me also. When I had Student MetroCard (when I was volunteering at Recycling Club at HSES).

I use (6) from 96th St to 51st St, (E) to 23rd St-Ely Av.

Then after I use 1-hour computer, I got free transfer to 45th Rd-Court House Sq, and again with M11.

same thing as above. theres a metrocard only transfer between the (7) at 45th and the (E)(V)(G) at 23rd. these 2 are suppose to be that way what CG is saying is that what happened on the B41/6/11 and the 41/6/46, is not suppose to be possible

I'm not sure if it isn't supposed to be possible, but I found it very interesting. Then again Brooklyn is pretty big and there are still areas not served by subways, so maybe no one has discovered this 3-leg ride until my post?

So i tried enter in the route codes into my fare box and was unable too. My farebox being loaded with M J Quill routes would just keep saying invaild code. Sorry i was unable to confirm.

np, thanks for trying though. I will also add that I haven't been able to confirm the final card's balance yet. So it could just be a reading error, but they have the B6 in common, so I still think it really is a 2nd free transfer.