WHAT would Your reaction be?

Luis1985

2 days ago i was going home, and an R46 Coney Island-bound (F) train pulls in at West 4 St on the express track, and im like "ok its rerouted." So i get on to take a joy ride, and it ends up running on the (D) line to Coney Island making express stops via West End Express.

As i was on that (F) train running on the (D) line, this came into my head:

imagine during an afternoon weekday rush hour:

you're on a Coney Island-bound (D) train heading home from the Bronx, it stops at 59 St on the LOCAL track, runs on the (A) line to Jay St-Borough Hall, then on the (F) line to Coney Island. What would your reaction be?

or...

you're on a Coney Island-bound (D) train heading home from the Bronx, it pulls in at 145 St, runs LOCAL to 59 St, then on the (A) line to Jay St-Borough Hall, then on the (C) line to Euclid Av and terminate. What would your reaction be??

(Just curious, this never happened, except (D) via the (F) line in Bklyn yes.)

There would have to be something really, really wrong with the (D)'s regular route for something like this to happen. So out of the ordinary? Yes. Cool! Yeah, sure! It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

maybe, lol. it actually happened on the R68A (:P train in 1998. it pulled in at Jay St-Borough Hall on the (A)(C) track and made (C) stops to Euclid Av. i never knew what went wrong that day.

I've seen some (F)'s get sent down via the (N) Sea Beach and West End (D) line rarely. I find that rather strange.

yea that is weird, usually when trains get rerouted, this is how it usually goes:

(Q) via (N), (:( via (D), (F) via (D), or if needed (B)(D) via (F), or (N) via (Q) in Brooklyn.

sometimes: (Q) via (D), (D) via (Q) in Brooklyn

usual detours involve (N) via (D), or (D) via (N) in Brooklyn during weekends or sometimes middays.

but (F) via (N) is weird. you'll never see an (N) via (F) in passenger service, lmao. that'll be crazy.

not to mention (V) via (N) in Brooklyn. it was supposed to run via (F) line and i guess it got rerouted with the same (F) that got rerouted via the (N).

2 days ago i was going home, and an R46 Coney Island-bound (F) train pulls in at West 4 St on the express track, and im like "ok its rerouted." So i get on to take a joy ride, and it ends up running on the (D) line to Coney Island making express stops via West End Express.

As i was on that (F) train running on the (D) line, this came into my head:

imagine during an afternoon weekday rush hour:

you're on a Coney Island-bound (D) train heading home from the Bronx, it stops at 59 St on the LOCAL track, runs on the (A) line to Jay St-Borough Hall, then on the (F) line to Coney Island. What would your reaction be?

or...

you're on a Coney Island-bound (D) train heading home from the Bronx, it pulls in at 145 St, runs LOCAL to 59 St, then on the (A) line to Jay St-Borough Hall, then on the (C) line to Euclid Av and terminate. What would your reaction be??

(Just curious, this never happened, except (D) via the (F) line in Bklyn yes.)

I read one day this week that there were switch problems on the (F) so it could be that's why it was rerouted.

Oh man, you must have had a bizzare adventure with the (:)

They were on 2 seperate occasions, but this next one that happened a few years back was the best one I was ever on...

One day after school like 4 years back (I think I was a sophmore in HS, can't remember), I went down to CI to railfan the daily R32 (F) they had. It was going smoothly until we got to 7 Av. There was a big fight in the back of the train and we were delayed for about 45 mins. After it was cleared up, we was back on our way. But when we got to Bergen St, it did something sweet. It went via the Crosstown (G) all the way to Queens Plaza. I had pictures but sadly they were deleted when my computer caught a virus. I will never forget that day.

I remember seeing (:) and (D) trains via Culver as well. What happened was a (D) train pulled in at 14th Street on the express track, and the only way it could get over to Sixth Avenue was if it was on the local, but nope, it was on the express, so it went to Jay Street and resumed along Culver to Coney Island (I didn't know if it ran local or express along Culver because I got off). Same story with the (;). Also, what's best about the (N) is that whenever it does get rerouted along West End (e.g. due to a problem on Sea Beach, not a weekend G.O., but a REAL problem), it runs express!

Archived