Police study video of teen's fatal beating

BJC

Wow...just wow. What is it with kids these days...always fighting :P

Beats me...but i just got finished debating on another forum the issue of self defense in school. The kid presenting the case presented the following

Recently I got into a fight and was suspended from school for 5 days. Now let me explain to you the situation. We get out of 4th period and this one kid likes to talk plum and be like "you want to fight kid?" etc, and so today as always I just brushed it off because this kid is truely dumb and doesn't understand I could easily beat the plum out of him but he decide to follow me to my next class without me knowing. I'm about to walk into the class and he comes around a near by corner and walks up to me. Asks me if I want to fight and shoves me. At this point I was done so I dropped my stuff and punched him in the face. He stumbles back a bit and I continue to punch him in the face until it is broken up by teachers. After all the paper work I find out I broke his nose and we both get 5 days suspension.

It's like the common sense in kids these days is fading more and more. It was pretty ridiculous to think that anyone would define self defense.

It's like the common sense in kids these days is fading more and more. It was pretty ridiculous to think that anyone would define self defense.

Same here,

When I was a kid in the 4 grade I used to get Bullied by this one kid in school,always hitting me after classes turing lunch and recess,always calling me names of course,I tried to tell the teachers working at lunch and recess but they always say the same thing,"hes just playing around".On till I got home depress and told my parents about the situation.My mom told me this "If he hit you hit him back".But I don't want to fight this kid and mom told me "you have to defend your self otherwise he well just drag all over you".So the next day Lucky for me,the bully started to bother someone else.Unfortunately the kid and bully stared to fight at recess and sadly it didn't go so well. The bully got his face all beaten up.That was the last time I saw him. The kid came back 4 days later from hes suspension.The week after,one of my friend said the bully got transferred to other school.and I was relived but at sometime disturb because he may start trouble with other student.

But I don't blame bully,I guess he just wanted attention that he never got from home and this is how he expressed it or he is just an idiot.

Parents should be involved on what's going on in there Childrens lives.There PC's, Ipod's and facebook's are not going to take care of them.They should set rules otherwise it to late.That same goes for the teachers.Since I think most of them just want to get paid and not solved the Childrens problems.

I think kids should know how to fight because you never know when you'll need to defend yourslef (attempted mugging etc.) but they need to learn the difference between defending themselves and using violence to solve all their problems.

In the story about the bully above by MTA Regional Bus, the other kid was well within his right to beat that bully's ass and teach him a lesson. But where the line is drawn is 1) if something physical is done to you and 2) no weapons. I bet that bully thought long and hard before picking on someone in his new school after what happened to him, and I also bet no one messed with the kid who kicked his ass. As long as the kid who beat up the bully understands that he can't just beat up people (and become a bully himself), or use it to solve nonviolent problems, he'll be alright.

The Darrion Albert thing was real sad because he wasn't involved in the fight, and the kids involved were using boards as weapons. Plus there's a code to fights that you don't kick someone when they're down and that was violated too. I can't say I'm surprised by people standing around, I'm sure some will say someone should have intervened but when you're there you don't think that way you think I want to get out of this alive and intact so I'm not going to get in there even if it's to stop the fight. The kids in that video are cowards because not only are they using fighting to settle a stupid "turf war" - NOT because there's a real legit personal issue related to violence but because of a turf war - but they are using weapons. I mean wodden planks? You gotta be kidding me.

They are cowards and this is a senseless death. It may not be easy being poor and in a bad neighborhood but those people should be sticking together not fighting each other. If they took that attitude this innocent kid would still be alive today.

Try those scum as adults and hang them. They are no good to society and they never will be, and they'll set an example. People like that, maybe killing them will actually save the state money over their lifetimes since those lowlives won't be swelling up the welfare rolls in the future.

And there's no racism/anti poor/anything in there. That's the truth and I woulda said it no matter whether these kids was Jewish, middle eastern, asian, or white or brown or any combination. Believe me I get what growing up in the hood is like, and I've known a few who have and got through it, and I consider myself street smart enough to know when to walk away...so if you're going to disagree with me on this at least be aware of all that.

I think kids should know how to fight because you never know when you'll need to defend yourslef (attempted mugging etc.) but they need to learn the difference between defending themselves and using violence to solve all their problems.

In the story about the bully above by MTA Regional Bus, the other kid was well within his right to beat that bully's ass and teach him a lesson. But where the line is drawn is 1) if something physical is done to you and 2) no weapons. I bet that bully thought long and hard before picking on someone in his new school after what happened to him, and I also bet no one messed with the kid who kicked his ass. As long as the kid who beat up the bully understands that he can't just beat up people (and become a bully himself), or use it to solve nonviolent problems, he'll be alright.

The Darrion Albert thing was real sad because he wasn't involved in the fight, and the kids involved were using boards as weapons. Plus there's a code to fights that you don't kick someone when they're down and that was violated too. I can't say I'm surprised by people standing around, I'm sure some will say someone should have intervened but when you're there you don't think that way you think I want to get out of this alive and intact so I'm not going to get in there even if it's to stop the fight. The kids in that video are cowards because not only are they using fighting to settle a stupid "turf war" - NOT because there's a real legit personal issue related to violence but because of a turf war - but they are using weapons. I mean wodden planks? You gotta be kidding me.

They are cowards and this is a senseless death. It may not be easy being poor and in a bad neighborhood but those people should be sticking together not fighting each other. If they took that attitude this innocent kid would still be alive today.

Try those scum as adults and hang them. They are no good to society and they never will be, and they'll set an example. People like that, maybe killing them will actually save the state money over their lifetimes since those lowlives won't be swelling up the welfare rolls in the future.

And there's no racism/anti poor/anything in there. That's the truth and I woulda said it no matter whether these kids was Jewish, middle eastern, asian, or white or brown or any combination. Believe me I get what growing up in the hood is like, and I've known a few who have and got through it, and I consider myself street smart enough to know when to walk away...so if you're going to disagree with me on this at least be aware of all that.

IAWTP!

Archived