How would the Flushing Line look like with R142As?

NYtransit

Then why did the Flushing line have a mix of redbirds and R62s from around 2000 to 2003?

Transitioning. The redbirds were going to be all phased out. It was a 'short term' thing and now the fleet is entirely R62As.

The MTA didn't want repeats of the redbird dragging incidents like on the 2 train a few years ago involving a baby stroller and didn't want the redbirds back on the mainline and decided to just let the 7's redbirds retire on the 7.

I still say it is better for the 7 to be of only one fleet type [R188s are just going to be inserted into R142[a] sets, so really don't count as a separate fleet] for flexibility.

I'm not saying it is impossible, I am only saying in the best interests of flexibility: the fleet should be of one train type.

Yes I know the L* and 7 used to run two types of trains, but they don't anymore because the trains the current ones replaced were either phased out or displaced elsewhere. It was not inteneded for both to have a mixed fleet given that they are isolated. that's my main point.

*I concider the R143/R160 as basically the same type.

The Flushing Line will be exactly the same if R142As run on it. What do you think is gonna happen, the structure is going to move north five miles or something?

<sarcasm>

Looks like you did not get the memo Joe, when the Flushing Line gets its new equipment (R142/R188) the line will look very different. It's going to mone 2.5 miles to the SOUTH.

<sarcasm>

Really, I don't see what the big deal is, but maybe it's just me.

<sarcasm>

Looks like you did not get the memo Joe, when the Flushing Line gets its new equipment (R142/R188) the line will look very different. It's going to mone 2.5 miles to the SOUTH.

<sarcasm>

Really, I don't see what the big deal is, but maybe it's just me.

The line is also going to get really curvy, requiring TA to put in GT10 timers everywhere, so that the railiens can also complain about how slow service is because of "those darn new techs"

I'd rather the (7) keep its R62a's. Not every line needs NTTs. The A Division will be so monotonous if that were to occur.

I couldn't agree with you more. The R142/A's will look good on any of the A Divison lines but it's not necessary for them to be on the (7). R62A forever!!!

This thread has some serious lulz going for it. The disconnect between foaming and reality widens by another few hundred feet. Before you know it, we're going to have people storming 2 Broadway demanding that Rxx car runs on Y line.

"My name is Johnny Foampants and I say the R62s belong on the Flushing Line. What are my qualifications? I cream my pants more than Frankie when I see a garbage train of R40s!"

The line is also going to get really curvy

Now if only I could make that change on some women...:cool:

Archived