Tokens And Metrocards Designs Through The Years

EE Broadway Local

I have all of the main versions of the tokens. Right here in front of me, in fact. I like the first one (the small one) and the last one (the pentagon bullet) the best.

With MetroCards I collect them for what's on the back, or anything else weird (like the green ones).

I have one of every token from the MTA in one of those case things. I personaly wish they kept the token and never came out with the metro card. I remember when I had the old paper school pass that you flashed to the clerk. The nice thing about when they had the tokens, they did not give you extra fares like they do today with the metro card. The unlimited ride was the worst thing they ever did, I really wish there was a way to show how much money the TA has lost becuase of the day pass, weekly, and monthly unlimited ride cards.

I have the old Bullet Token and the Pentagon Token as well. I used to have a stack of old paper Bus Passes from when I was in school (used to have a different garish color each month, and a giant number in the middle depending on which month it was). Those are all lost in the annals of time. Now, as a user of the Monthly Metrocard, I believe it's the greatest thing ever because now I don't have to think about when to fill up my card, I just have to remember the day it expires, which is always at or around the same date each month. Honestly, the money the MTA loses on the Monthlies is scarcely my concern.

I have one of every token from the MTA in one of those case things. I personaly wish they kept the token and never came out with the metro card. I remember when I had the old paper school pass that you flashed to the clerk. The nice thing about when they had the tokens, they did not give you extra fares like they do today with the metro card. The unlimited ride was the worst thing they ever did, I really wish there was a way to show how much money the TA has lost becuase of the day pass, weekly, and monthly unlimited ride cards.

Yup I had a few of those passes as well, I don't know where they are anymore...I remember there were different ones for half fare and full fare, and each had an MTA hologram sticker on them...every month get a new one, seemingly random color.

Then it went to the white and green student metrocards when I turned 11 or 12.

I think I got that one too. Does it also say "For The Last Great Moments at Shea"?

No, it's a regular one not a special issue. It was replaced with the (7) + METS design i think.

You can still get paper metrocards at LIRR TVM's. It's so weird though, i kept thinking i had a LIRR ticket in my pocket.

- A

Archived