Big problems in the Bronx

Abba

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:11/17/2009 4:37:51 PM

Following an earlier incident, (2) and (3) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Due to signal problems at the East 180th Street Station:

There is no (2) train service in both directions from the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station to the Wakefield-241st Street Station.

There is no (5) train service in both directions from the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station to the Eastchester-Dyre Avenue Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take BX4, BX12, BX19, BX30, BX39 or BX41 bus making nearby stops.

Does signal problems have to cause all this trouble?

Must be related to East 180th Area, I know they are fixing stuff up there.. Plus the G/o of the WPR EXP <5> hasnt started yet, extended till tis friday, which Monday should start.. Hopefully this clears because i g2g out..

Bet the Bx19 will be packed like last time LOL!

The Bronx's IRT signals break down quite often. They're getting old... then again, so is a good chunk of the city's infrastructure.

Thats true. T/A is taking a bit long for fixing up Signals heres.. Did they upgrade all of Pelham Bay Line (6)<6>?

I thought you were not into the IRT? Not that i care. And your are correct about that...

I'm not a big IRT person, for that matter I also dislike the BMT, but it's important to know the history and to see how things used to be done. I have always been into signals and since this is the last of the original IRT signals which will soon be gone, I feel it's good stuff to know.

I'm not a big IRT person, for that matter I also dislike the BMT, but it's important to know the history and to see how things used to be done. I have always been into signals and since this is the last of the original IRT signals which will soon be gone, I feel it's good stuff to know.

Cool. Btw do you know if they sell the old signals or just upgrade the current ones?

Archived