What bus routes do you think needs artics?

Kingsbridge Bus

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I think of a route that deperately needs articulated buses, the Bx10 comes to mind. That route with its bunched-up, irregular running of short O7s (with some O5s thrown in) is a f***-up as it is. The Bx10 is a very strained route. It is so bad, that I can't even recall, after two years of using this route, when a bus showed up ON TIME at a bus stop. When one compares the Bx10 schedule with reality, the actual arrival times are either several minutes too early, or several minutes too late. A lot of times, scheduled buses never come. I once waited from 7:15 AM to 7:40 AM for a Bx10 to come; there were supposed to be 3 or 4 Bx10s within that time frame, and yet none came. At about 7:40, a severely overcrowded O7 showed up, and skipped the next couple of stops. The problem? Too many people, too small buses. This route is a nightmare on a regular basis.

Honestly. No route needs artics until the MTA changes policy. I think its either 3 (60ft) buses for every 4 (40ft) buses or its 5 (40ft) buses for every 4 (60ft) buses. And since the MTA reduces the headways, it'll only make the conditions, the crowding, bunching, delays worse. I like artics, it would be nice to see them on different routes. But unless the headways remain relatively the same, and unless its 3 door artics, I don't want any artics coming to my routes.

Archived