E180St rehabilitation underway

R33WF

oh now this I gotta see!

Its about time a rehab of this station, tho idk how this will affect the old NYB&W railroad tracks there..

This must be the East 180th Entry. Is it posted outside near the gates to yard or inside?

They need to cut this, and pay their employees! :tdown:

umm what are you talking about?

this station along with Mott ave/149th st(And maybe a bit of Intervale) needs rehab, these are the only station on the WPR that have not got any renovations..The Dyre line will need it too in the future.. Since its in bad shape a bit..

All Station from 241st to Bronx Pk east, West Farms to Simpson St, Prospect to 149th St 3rd Avenue are in good shape, including 135th to 110th on Lenox Line. While 148th/145th are not renovated..

this station along with Mott ave/149th st(And maybe a bit of Intervale) needs rehab, these are the only station on the WPR that have not got any renovations..The Dyre line will need it too in the future.. Since its in bad shape a bit..

All Station from 241st to Bronx Pk east, West Farms to Simpson St, Prospect to 149th St 3rd Avenue are in good shape, including 135th to 110th on Lenox Line. While 148th/145th are not renovated..

The Dyre line stations were renovated in the late 80s. The only station on the dyre line that is not renovated is Pelham Pkwy and I think dyre ave

The Dyre line stations were renovated in the late 80s. The only station on the dyre line that is not renovated is Pelham Pkwy and I think dyre ave

Hmm really? Morris Park, Gun Hill and Baychester Ave doesnt look to be in good shape. At least the station house i mean..

Pelham Pkway and Dyre do need some renovation..

Based on the way the stations look now, it looks like a re-renovation is in "Dyre" need!!! LMAO :(

First let me apologize for stepping on the topic. Didn't mean to do so, but since you ask me what I'm talking about I'll say you're 20yo, quite sure you're not employed by a RR or any transportation system, and not a union man. With that being said (which is fine if you're none of the above) there's a difference between railfanning (which I loved to do since a child myself) to working for the RR/subway which I do. When you have to deal with the inside BS that you don't get the chance to see or experience. We as workers for NYCTA were basically told they can not give us the raises we rightfully were awarded BECAUSE they have repairs to do etc. So please excuse me when I reply to seeing more work being done with MY money. I will not deny this entire system can use a huge overhual, but not at my expense...especially when you have these pen pushers stealing from the same system crying broke.

Just wanted to touch on that a little for you so now you KNOW what I'm talking about. However carry on with your topic, and again I apologize! :(

Dude chill, i dunno what this has to do with the topic.. I'm only saying that station rehab is needed to serve the customers..Im not mad or anything, so no need to apologize. I didnt know you were a worker of course, i thought a teenager. But anyways I see your point for your raise and so, but we are all under a tough economy of course, so the t/a has to take it 1 step at a time.

First let me apologize for stepping on the topic. Didn't mean to do so, but since you ask me what I'm talking about I'll say you're 20yo, quite sure you're not employed by a RR or any transportation system, and not a union man. With that being said (which is fine if you're none of the above) there's a difference between railfanning (which I loved to do since a child myself) to working for the RR/subway which I do. When you have to deal with the inside BS that you don't get the chance to see or experience. We as workers for NYCTA were basically told they can not give us the raises we rightfully were awarded BECAUSE they have repairs to do etc. So please excuse me when I reply to seeing more work being done with MY money. I will not deny this entire system can use a huge overhual, but not at my expense...especially when you have these pen pushers stealing from the same system crying broke.

Just wanted to touch on that a little for you so now you KNOW what I'm talking about. However carry on with your topic, and again I apologize! :(

Dude chill, i dunno what this has to do with the topic.. I'm only saying that station rehab is needed to serve the customers..Im not mad or anything, so no need to apologize. I didnt know you were a worker of course, i thought a teenager. But anyways I see your point for your raise and so, but we are all under a tough economy of course, so the t/a has to take it 1 step at a time.

I'm not upset brother. I love trains as I'm sure you do, and the rest of us. I step on the topic (due to inside reason) which I shouldn't have, I let emotions guild me (grin). Glad you understand where I was coming from. No harm no foul. :(

Dyre avenue hasn't been renovated in a good while. They still have the old train signals (that designate which side of the tracks the next train will leave the station) and light poles that are straight out of the 70's. Same thing with pelham parkway. ( the old signals)

That entire line from dyre to 180th could use a renovation.

They need to cut this, and pay their employees! :tdown:

And if they don't, go get some AK-47's and take out "the man" (execs)! :P

Yes, i heard about this. Some interesting happenings going on now, eh?

Dyre avenue hasn't been renovated in a good while. They still have the old train signals (that designate which side of the tracks the next train will leave the station) and light poles that are straight out of the 70's. Same thing with pelham parkway. ( the old signals)

That entire line from dyre to 180th could use a renovation.

If they do, they can also do 149th/Mott and Intervale[Just add the new platform edges and a small paint fix in the Station House..

Then the entire WPR/Dyre Line will be done.. And if they could, do 138th/Mott Haven and 149th/Mott on the (4) then Jerome/WPR/Dyre will all be done!

Even tho cash will need to go in $$$

Archived