Double Heading Electrics

N-Trizzy2609

No pictures but last night I saw a few things that caught me.

Since when does the Bay Head Express run Multi-Levels?

Ok that wasn't my usual sighting but you gotta admit, I never seen that before.

But yesterday, 6080 pulls in (which surprised me cuz it was faceing Bay Head instead of NY.) It was a full 9 car train. At the end I saw two ALP-44s. 4416 and 4430.

Has NJ Transit ever ran electric double headers in service before. I've seen it with diesels but never an electrics. And can ALP-46s run in double headers or is that too much power for one train?

P.S. 6080 loves me.

Back in November while I was walking by Hoboken I saw a Bay Head Express with MLVs so its been a while. Since PL-42ACs do see service on the NJCL, they can run MLVs down to Bay Head.

As for double-headed trains, its uncommon to see electric NJT trains like that in service but from time to time I do see it, usually with the ALP-44s. I've never seen it with the ALP-46s, but I would imagine one of them is dead on power because if both are running, that train is going to be a rocket hands down.

Back in November while I was walking by Hoboken I saw a Bay Head Express with MLVs so its been a while. Since PL-42ACs do see service on the NJCL, they can run MLVs down to Bay Head.

As for double-headed trains, its uncommon to see electric NJT trains like that in service but from time to time I do see it, usually with the ALP-44s. I've never seen it with the ALP-46s, but I would imagine one of them is dead on power because if both are running, that train is going to be a rocket hands down.

there was actually a video a while back of double headed 46's and a comet salad consist (8 cars, i think), and it took off like an Arrow III. but i think it got removed for some reason, since i can't find it anymore....rats.:mad:

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1595900

Its not a big deal, they do it sometimes to reposition equipment or because a unit is just out of the shop and they are afraid it may crap out.

Also stop no cab car is stalking you. I get the same locomotive every day at Port Reading or Browns, its called engine/consist management. 6080 has been put on a train that has been assigned to run the coastline at some point in the day.

Also stop no cab car is stalking you. I get the same locomotive every day at Port Reading or Browns, its called engine/consist management. 6080 has been put on a train that has been assigned to run the coastline at some point in the day.

Dude it was a joke. It's just so ironic I always see the same cab car at different times.

Archived