When will the (1) get R142s?

gregorygrice

The fate of the LED rings is likely reliant on where the R62As from the 7 end up. If they go to the 6, they'll probably stay. if they go to the 4, they'll probably go. I would tend to expect that the ones going to the 1 line will lose them, but such is just an assumption.

Wouldnt the t/a lose money for removing these?

I mean come on, they paid for these at first didnt they?

Damn! Your right.. So now i wonder if the (6)s R142As are being pulled from Westchester

I had posted about the R188 over a year ago, when I was told about it at 130 Livingston St, while doing a session in that train simulator. I already said, new R188 suppose to be coming in, and R142 or R142A's, will be converted. The R188 suppose to be identical to the R160, with the MC near the window. The R142A's from the (6) line, suppose to be the cars they will use for this. This was suppose to had happened in December last years, of course it hasn't. Here you don't believe anything, till you see it.........

Not going to happen. Assuming funding was no issue and there was even a place to put the unit in the car, there aren't enough unused electrical connections in the couplers to make it work.

Believe me, I'm well aware that what I like or want is rarely what is possible or practical :P

I had posted about the R188 over a year ago, when I was told about it at 130 Livingston St, while doing a session in that train simulator. I already said, new R188 suppose to be coming in, and R142 or R142A's, will be converted. The R188 suppose to be identical to the R160, with the MC near the window. The R142A's from the (6) line, suppose to be the cars they will use for this. This was suppose to had happened in December last years, of course it hasn't. Here you don't believe anything, till you see it.........
There's so many ideas the (MTA) has about R188s that its givin me a headache. (MTA) should do a little of both - design and produce R188s and create conversion kits for R142A from the (4) not the (6).

Archived