When will the (1) get R142s?

gregorygrice

When will the (1) get R142s? And why don't they already have them? they really need them. Does anyone have an explanation??

What makes you think the (1) needs R142s? If anything, it's fine with what it's already using.

I heard that they are getting R188's but no<R>(1)<4>(2)'(S)

Source Plz?

And thats false. The R188s are going to the (7) for CBTC.

R62As are staying with its (1), while the extra R62As on the (7) could hit West Side for extrs service out of 180th, 240th or 148th.

When CBTC is implemented on the (7), it will be the R142's that will be retrofitted for it.

No, because if you look here, it says that its getting R188, it says nothing about R142s retrofitting..

http://mta.info/mta/pdf/2010-14questions_and_answers_v2.pdf

Which lines will be receiving new subway cars?

A total of 146 new A Division cars are being purchased (including 23

purchased in the 2005-2009 program) which will be assigned to the Flushing

Line (#7 train). These latest-generation cars are necessary for compatibility

with Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) signals that will be

installed on the line and to support extension of the #7 line.

Existing Flushing cars being replaced by this purchase will be assigned to

other A Division lines - principally the West Side IRT.

Source Plz?

And thats false. The R188s are going to the (7) for CBTC.

R62As are staying with its (1), while the extra R62As on the (7) could hit West Side for extrs service out of 180th, 240th or 148th.

I wouldn't mind seeing those extra R62As on the (3) to be perfectly honest. but yeah the 62/As arent going anywhere for a very long time.

No, because if you look here, it says that its getting R188, it says nothing about R142s retrofitting..

Until the contract has been awarded and the cars are under construction, I BELIEVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There have been too many instances where the MTA said that something was planned only to have it fall through.

Until the contract has been awarded and the cars are under construction, I BELIEVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There have been too many instances where the MTA said that something was planned only to have it fall through.

I guess your right.

Idk why are we talking about the R188, if there is no contract or order started.. (MTA) loves to sometimes change there minds...

I guess your right.

Idk why are we talking about the R188, if there is no contract or order started.. (MTA) loves to sometimes change there minds...

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/091214_1200_cpoc.pdf

if someone had actually read this document i posted in the thread that went virtually ignored, they would have read this on page 92:

Cars for Flushing Line and 7 Extension:

Base (2005-2009 capital budget):

23 new cars (two 11 car trains, one “C” Car) + conversion of one 10 car R142/R142A train.

Option (2010-2014 capital budget): 123 new cars (eight 11 car trains, 35 “C” Cars) + Conversion of 35 ten car trains of R142/R142A.

I have also changed the Wikipedia article to reflect this:

According to the 2010-2014 capital plan, 146 new cars are to be purchased. Of these new cars, 110 cars will go to make up 10 new eleven car trains, while the remaining 36 cars will be "C" cars that will go to expanding 36 CBTC upgraded R142 or R142A 10 car trains (360 cars) to the 11 car length. The planned total of 46 trains will result from this order.

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/091214_1200_cpoc.pdf

if someone had actually read this document i posted in the thread that went virtually ignored, they would have read this on page 92:

ya, which is freezing my browser. From one is this?

Besides, idc about orders as much. I just care about getting myself around safe and smoothly..

Erm, you forgot to analyze something about the (7) line and Corona yard:

There are 409 cars of R62As currently assigned to the Corona Yard.

So, that number that MTA mentioned of R188 that they might purchase will not cover service on the (7). R142/As will have to be sent over.

Erm, you forgot to analyze something about the (7) line and Corona yard:

There are 409 cars of R62As currently assigned to the Corona Yard.

So, that number that MTA mentioned of R188 that they might purchase will not cover service on the (7). R142/As will have to be sent over.

did anyone read my post, or did they just simply ignore it???

According to the 2010-2014 capital plan, 146 new cars are to be purchased. Of these new cars, 110 cars will go to make up 10 new eleven car trains, while the remaining 36 cars will be "C" cars that will go to expanding 36 CBTC upgraded R142 or R142A 10 car trains (360 cars) to the 11 car length. The planned total of 46 trains will result from this order.

46 eleven car trains makes 506 cars... more than enough to cover the 409 R62A's and provide cars for the (7) extension.

the 409 R62A's will be reassigned to cover the 360 R142/A's that will be converted.

Archived