All systems go for New York Jets as they look to land in AFC title game

Harry

SAN DIEGO - Five years ago, the Jets emerged from the rain and fog with a wild-card victory on a bizarre night in San Diego. They didn't win another playoff game until last week, and now they're back, having outlasted the reign and smog of Eric Mangini.

It wasn't supposed to happen this quickly, not with a rookie coach and a rookie quarterback, but here they are, two wins from - take a deep breath - the Super Bowl.

History is at their fingertips. If Rex Ryan's gang upsets the Chargers today in the AFC divisional round, it will be only the third time the Jets won two playoff games in the same postseason - the first since 1982.

They're the Same New Jets, with an air of confidence that belies their modest record and playoff seed - 10-7 and fifth. Their game plan is to beat up the Chargers, and Saturday night Ryan hammered it home by showing Mike Tyson highlights in the team meeting.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/01/17/2010-01-17_all_systems_go_for_jets.html#ixzz0cu5N1aB9

post-1-133288581575_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581575_thumb.jpg

If the Jets win, then it'll be a great day for the city [even though they play in Jersey]. It would be great to have the SB with the WS titles for NY like 'Boston' had in 2004.

Whoever wins this game will have hard time beating Colts. Peyton and his offense did not play great and they still held Baltimore (the Ravens that is not the Johhny Untias era teams lol) to only 3 points in a semi blowout.

I think the Jets have much better chance of winning in SD tonight, then at Indy. However I still think the Bolts will win. The Jets only realsitic chance to win imo.

1)Keep Bolts under 21 points.

2)Defense plays great game.

3)Most important Sanchez plays a game with little or no mistakes.

If the Jets just makes it to the SB, it'll be an achievement. "Even the NFC is insane."

GC i dont understand your comments in bold lol? Please explain.

If Jets make to this year super bowl in Miami (where they won they only other super bowl in Jan 1969 versus the Colts before realignment) maybe the curse of the suspected lol 'deal with the devil' then Jets QB Joe Namthan made to beat the Baltimore Colts who were the '07 Pats of that era to still score the biggest upset in super bowl in the views by most people.

This season does have similars.

1)In 1968(Jan 1969) They beat the Raiders (California team) and the Colts(Championship game) to win it all. In 2009(Jan/Feb 2010)they have to beat the Bolts(another west coast team) and Colts to make it back to the big game.:eek:

2)Both in Jan 1969 and Feb 2010, both games are played in Miami.

3)Mark Sanchez and "Broadway Joe' are popular with many female fans.:cool:

Just something to consider.

I mean the NFL teams Vikings and Saints. I never thought they would blowout the Cowboys and Cards the way they did. That's going to be an interesting NFC game to watch.

GC also not to get off topic but just like MLB, The AFC is the newer of the '2' divisions in NFL right? Teams like the Browns, Colts and Steelers joined the now AFC in 1970 season in realignment. Also GC and everyone else the AFL (now the AFC_ was a separte league from NFL until they joined the NFC in merger in 1966 right. This season 2009/10 is also the 50th anniversity the AFC including the Jets was created right?

The super bowl is basically a 1-game version of the World Series. Even the American and National Leagues in baseball did not offically merge until 1950 when MLB was created. The Modern NFL super bowl strated in Jan 1967.

What a classless organization the Chargers are! They took so many cheap shots after some plays. What was that all about?

Oh and linebacker Shawn Merriman, the ex boyfriend of that piece of human garbage Tila Tequila, that sums it all up!

No matter what happens next week I am very proud of the Jets. I am going to enjoy this ride no matter what. The Jets will be big underdogs next week, not a problem. They should be loose as a goose. The Jets defense and their running game was the reason they won. Sanchez only passed for 100 yards. Yeah those 2 missed field goals by the Chargers helped(the 3rd was impossible(57 yds) but the Jets made the big plays when they counted the most.

An amazing stat from the season. Out of the 7 losses, 6 of them have been under 7 points! They have been in every game except the loss to the Patriots (17 points). They didn't get blown out in any game.

Now if the Jets win next Sunday I think I will PASS OUT,lol.:)

What a classless organization the Chargers are! They took so many cheap shots after some plays. What was that all about?

Oh and linebacker Shawn Merriman, the ex boyfriend of that piece of human garbage Tila Tequila, that sums it all up!

No matter what happens next week I am very proud of the Jets. I am going to enjoy this ride no matter what. The Jets will be big underdogs next week, not a problem. They should be loose as a goose. The Jets defense and their running game was the reason they won. Sanchez only passed for 100 yards. Yeah those 2 missed field goals by the Chargers helped(the 3rd was impossible(57 yds) but the Jets made the big plays when they counted the most.

An amazing stat from the season. Out of the 7 losses, 6 of them have been under 7 points! They have been in every game except the loss to the Patriots (17 points). They didn't get blown out in any game.

Now if the Jets win next Sunday I think I will faint,lol.:)

Women faint, men pass out!!!! I agree about those cheap shots, and that is why I am glad they lost. The Jets players better do lots of film studying, and practice their asses off. They better be on their best game. This is no time for half ass football. They better make a statement, and they better fight for those 1st downs. No more literally falling short stunts..........

Archived