Apple iPad Release Date: April 2010

mark1447

Apples licensing agreement as far as the SDK is concerned is that applications are not allowed to execute external code. For those of you who don't know, Flash is a virtual machine with a JIT compiler (English translation: Flash assembles complete programs out of source code on-the-fly as you open a Flash page). This is a direct violation of Apples' licensing agreement.

I believe one can statically compile a Flash application and make it an iPhone App on its own, but this still does not allow people to use Flash sites like YouTube and Hulu the same way you can on an ordinary platform.

Where did you get this from? Adobe has not released any press releases indicating that.

I've been a mac user since 1992, and one thing they changed since that time is that they no longer tout features, specs etc until the day of release. They used to talk about what's coming next for months and months, allowing competitors to head them off at the pass for many years. Now days they cook up whatever they are going to release with strict non-disclosure locks on all parts suppliers and development partners. The leaking and so on of this tablet is very unusual, it allowed for way too much second guessing and confusion as to what the product does and is for, which the "stevenote" does, he clearly defines the role of the products in his presentations, the specs, pricing, and other info. I cannot disclose my source, because they have been trusting me with this info for many years, i've known what was going to be released for a long time, i adhere to the honor system, i keep quiet about it. Adobe is not going to make a press release about an unreleased apple product protected by NDA's. They may keep flash locked down, but as far as i know 4.0 has at the very least a set of flash enable options. Since it is still in testing i could change. The SDK rules do not apply to the in-house "key" apps made by apple.

I am not sure why people were expecting a front facing camera for video conferencing on a computer you basically have to hold in your hand when not at a desk (bouncy image much?), or full implementation of flash on a rev a product with "testing the waters" operating system code based on iPhone OS 3, which restricts embedded flash. As with many of apple's products, they go far out ahead of anyone else, that kind of risk needs to be rewarded, not unduly harshly criticized. Go and use the device instead of being a armchair tech critic, that's what i do, that's why apple has so many stores,the best way to figure out if you like a product or not is to use it, not look at it on a screen. I frequently go to apple stores just to gain perspective on a new or revised product or accessory.

Touching again on the "missing" features, apple does not make "wedge in everything you possibly can" products. Just take a tour in their store, online or brick & mortar, you will see the streamlined minimal clunky design that is their hallmark. If you want a phone that has 12 mp camera, am/fm radio, has a flash card port, tis that and the other thing, go get it, if you want something intuitive, sleek & sexy, it's most likely going to be apple.

I chose to use apple products because they fit me, i don't have to fit them, this iPad is a perfect example of the genius i prefer to spend $ on. My desktop is from 2002 and is still a useful fun game running multimedia and work computer that looks like it came from the future, how many windows pcs can you say that about?

- A

I've been a mac user since 1992, and one thing they changed since that time is that they no longer tout features, specs etc until the day of release. They used to talk about what's coming next for months and months, allowing competitors to head them off at the pass for many years. Now days they cook up whatever they are going to release with strict non-disclosure locks on all parts suppliers and development partners. The leaking and so on of this tablet is very unusual, it allowed for way too much second guessing and confusion as to what the product does and is for, which the "stevenote" does, he clearly defines the role of the products in his presentations, the specs, pricing, and other info. I cannot disclose my source, because they have been trusting me with this info for many years, i've known what was going to be released for a long time, i adhere to the honor system, i keep quiet about it. Adobe is not going to make a press release about an unreleased apple product protected by NDA's. They may keep flash locked down, but as far as i know 4.0 has at the very least a set of flash enable options. Since it is still in testing i could change. The SDK rules do not apply to the in-house "key" apps made by apple.

I am not sure why people were expecting a front facing camera for video conferencing on a computer you basically have to hold in your hand when not at a desk (bouncy image much?), or full implementation of flash on a rev a product with "testing the waters" operating system code based on iPhone OS 3, which restricts embedded flash. As with many of apple's products, they go far out ahead of anyone else, that kind of risk needs to be rewarded, not unduly harshly criticized. Go and use the device instead of being a armchair tech critic, that's what i do, that's why apple has so many stores,the best way to figure out if you like a product or not is to use it, not look at it on a screen. I frequently go to apple stores just to gain perspective on a new or revised product or accessory.

Touching again on the "missing" features, apple does not make "wedge in everything you possibly can" products. Just take a tour in their store, online or brick & mortar, you will see the streamlined minimal clunky design that is their hallmark. If you want a phone that has 12 mp camera, am/fm radio, has a flash card port, tis that and the other thing, go get it, if you want something intuitive, sleek & sexy, it's most likely going to be apple.

I chose to use apple products because they fit me, i don't have to fit them, this iPad is a perfect example of the genius i prefer to spend $ on. My desktop is from 2002 and is still a useful fun game running multimedia and work computer that looks like it came from the future, how many windows pcs can you say that about?

- A

Good post.

- A

Mine. I built mine back in 2004/2005, upgrading parts here and there but nothing major. It's been working fine as I've gone through Windows XP to Windows Vista to Windows 7. Works great as my Home recording studio, post-processing of my photos and it's still a kick ass gaming machine to boot.

Mine. I built mine back in 2004/2005, upgrading parts here and there but nothing major. It's been working fine as I've gone through Windows XP to Windows Vista to Windows 7. Works great as my Home recording studio, post-processing of my photos and it's still a kick ass gaming machine to boot.

I have not upgraded anything, it is stock, and from september 2002. :cool:

- A

oh it will sell. Don't underestimate the morons in Apple's fanbase. They will gobble this up.

Yes, iPad will sell but not that well.

---------------------------------------

You guys should see Madtv version of the iPad. It's never too late for Steve Jobs to changed the name.

Archived