Apple iPad Release Date: April 2010

mark1447

:tdown:Apple arnt ahead of Microsoft in antivirus and media software. It costs way too much to do anything good with apple and they are overpriced... Apple PCs are for simple people who think you can just push a button it works cause they are not technical people in the least yet Apples crash all the time. How many times have I seen a stupid Apple pc with the stcuk bouncing pinwheel ball of death that you have to terminate the app.. Please....And the only reason Apples are much less prone to virus only for the fact that there are very few people who can actully code for the apple platform compared to any script kiddie who can code for microsoft and because there are alot more microsoft users out there so the virus are geared towards them..

iPad is a joke, its for simple minded hipsters who are brand loyal yuppies.

ipod, itouch, iphone, iPad.. iGiveup! They are so unoriginal and cant even come up with new names. They are making themselves look foolish with these weak iNames...

Fail :tdown:

Apple PCs are for simple people who think you can just push a button it works

Windows has been that way for years.

the only reason Apples are much less prone to virus only for the fact that there are very few people who can actully code for the apple platform compared to any script kiddie who can code for microsoft and because there are alot more microsoft users out there so the virus are geared towards them

Not entirely true. While the larger market share of Windows has obviously pushed most who create such "badware" to target Windows; OS X is built on a platform that has a loooong history of being more secure than Windows.

Wait for verison 2 of iPad Sucks reloaded.

This POS is UGLY, it should have been widescreen 16:9 HD, camera, gotta be some USB ports; also MULTITASKING!!! This thing doesnt even do it. Steve Jobs FAIL

Boy, this wont even sell well just like Apple Newton, Apple TV, Apple Camera, etc....

APPLE brings us a new iPhone 4.0 and new updated iPod Touch NOW!!!

Too many are comparing it to the iPhone instead of the iPod Touch. It's just a giant iPod Touch. The same one I have in my car.

Well it doesn't help when Apple themselves are comparing it to the iPhone. In their show yesterday, Jobs was saying how it's faster than the iPhone, instead of comparing it to other netbooks/laptops since they are claiming the iPad is better than said devices.

Me and my girlfriend want 2 of the mid end ones with cell connectivity hardware option. Please send asap, thanks. :cool:

We all ready have "main" computers, and we both have iPods, and we both have an iPhone, this would meet that middle ground between the main computer and the iPhone.

Interestingly enough, the iPhone received FCC approval the morning before it was announced.

This computer is something i've been looking forward to ever since i started using computers, i really can't wait to use it and own one, i would take it with me everywhere. The fact that it has a 1 ghz cpu, such a big bright advanced display and ~10 hours of battery make it an absolute no-brainer to get. I see it as the iMac of portables, you ask where the "computer" is, it's in your hand(s) no lap needed.

It beats the kindle with its amazing color display which now has iBooks and a whole book store to go with it, easier controls.

For folks not understanding the computer market, people have been wanting an apple tablet for a long time, and they waited till now, when all the technology was in place to do it right, and i personally think the result might not seem like a big deal now, but this is the beginning of a new age in computing. iMac, iPod+iTunes, iPhone, iPad.

- A

Me and my girlfriend want 2 of the mid end ones with cell connectivity hardware option. Please send asap, thanks. :cool:

We all ready have "main" computers, and we both have iPods, and we both have an iPhone, this would meet that middle ground between the main computer and the iPhone.

Interestingly enough, the iPhone received FCC approval the morning before it was announced.

This computer is something i've been looking forward to ever since i started using computers, i really can't wait to use it and own one, i would take it with me everywhere. The fact that it has a 1 ghz cpu, such a big bright advanced display and ~10 hours of battery make it an absolute no-brainer to get. I see it as the iMac of portables, you ask where the "computer" is, it's in your hand(s) no lap needed.

It beats the kindle with its amazing color display which now has iBooks and a whole book store to go with it, easier controls.

For folks not understanding the computer market, people have been wanting an apple tablet for a long time, and they waited till now, when all the technology was in place to do it right, and i personally think the result might not seem like a big deal now, but this is the beginning of a new age in computing. iMac, iPod+iTunes, iPhone, iPad.

- A

Excellent post, Andy! Just give it a few more updates (both cosmetic and firmware) and it should work out fine. I am surprised that it lacks USB ports, but that's something that will be rectified in the near future.

The iPad has both flash and java and such enabled, it is a tablet computer using the iPhone as a starting point.

- A

No. It doesn't. Straight from Adobe's mouth: http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform/2010/01/apples_ipad_--_a_broken_link.html

Other links:

http://gizmodo.com/5458645/adobe-responds-to-the-ipads-lack-of-flash

http://gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-that-suck-about-the-ipad

Archived