Apple iPad Release Date: April 2010

mark1447

:eek::eek::eek:

So like, how is anyone suppose to use Flash app, such as Youtube...

the iPad FAILS!

Of course Apple still has time to fix it before it RTMs.

:eek::eek::eek:

So like, how is anyone suppose to use Flash app, such as Youtube...

the iPad FAILS!

Of course Apple still has time to fix it before it RTMs.

There's a separate application for YouTube videos in which viewers will watch the videos encoded in H.264 instead of watching it with Adobe Flash, similar to the iTouch/iPhone.

Well, well, well. Surely people spoken, Apple listened and rolled out this gigantic iPod Touch with an increadibly similar interface as an eBook. Guess this bada$$ Apple object surely could kill my chance of getting the B&N Nook, :).

No. Apple did not listen.

Wo27t.jpg

I'm going to go along with you on that one, Julio. The damn thing doesn't even have USB ports so you can't hook up external gizmos like a mouse or keyboard. The worst part is, the iPad relies on an OS similar to that of the iPhone; it doesn't even have it's own OS like "Snow Leopard", a TRUE operating system. Hell, you have to sync it up to a "computer" to have it up and running, because this thing is not classified as a computer.

Now I seriously doubt if I want to get this. Does it seem nice, yes. Worth it? At it's price of $499, it costs less than what the first iPhone coated many. But is it a necessity? For that, I have to say no. I'm going to stick with getting a MacBook instead. I'll wait till I see further improvements cone to the iPad, like when it comes with USB ports and an OS system on its own. THEN I'll consider it.

Geez Joe, I never thought you would be one to get confused and use facts.

I guess wire-wheeling all that shit on Sunday got to my brain somehow. :confused:

You need to hook the iPad up to an "actual" computer before you use it. Just like the iPhone....

Just because you have to connect it to another computer to fully utilize it does not mean it is not a computer in itself. A computer is a machine that follows a set of instructions. I assume that when one turns on an iPad for the first time, an application is automatically executed that prepares the unit for use. What do you think executed that application? How do you think that application interfaced with the iPads' hardware?

Not in the typical sense.

I'm talking about the classical definition of a computer and operating system.

You already have an iPad. It's your iPhone.

My iPhone 3G has 802.11B/G, not N.

I would never watch a movie on my iPhone 3G.

My music library is 18 gigs, my photo library is 36 gigs. My iPhone 3G is 8 gigs.

The day my iPhone 3G gets 10 hours of battery on a single charge with constant non-stop use i will swim the english channel naked in winter.

My iPhone 3G is an awesome amazing incredible revolutionary phone, not a tablet computer.

My iPhone 3G does not have a digital compass, nor an IPS screen.

My iPhone 3G is an iPhone 3G, not an iPad. Both rock in their own well defined roles.

The only reason i don't bring my iBook G4 on the train is that it weighs about 5 lbs and has a hinge that i don't want to break, as well as it being bulky in my backpack. iPad solves all 3 of these issues.

I am going to get one, because it makes sense for me to get one, as it made sense (and still does) for me to have an iPhone 3G. I am not going to get one because "it's cool" or "it's made by apple", those things just happen to go together. :cool:

- A

I could also imagine how many of those buyers would be pissed about how they spent so much for bascially a giant itouch. But hey, those are the loyalists that buys the cool aid. I'm perfectly content with just an itouch. And thankfully I don't need glasses or contacts to see the words on the screen.

Yep, same here.

Excuse my misstatement, the next OS revision has this, for iPhone/touch as well. They had to do something for both security and battery life for flash to be practical. I personally despise flash, especially flash ads that make a web page 40x slower than it needs to be. *shrug*

- A

I'm going to go along with you on that one, Julio. The damn thing doesn't even have USB ports so you can't hook up external gizmos like a mouse or keyboard. The worst part is, the iPad relies on an OS similar to that of the iPhone; it doesn't even have it's own OS like "Snow Leopard", a TRUE operating system. Hell, you have to sync it up to a "computer" to have it up and running, because this thing is not classified as a computer.

Now I seriously doubt if I want to get this. Does it seem nice, yes. Worth it? At it's price of $499, it costs less than what the first iPhone coated many. But is it a necessity? For that, I have to say no. I'm going to stick with getting a MacBook instead. I'll wait till I see further improvements cone to the iPad, like when it comes with USB ports and an OS system on its own. THEN I'll consider it.

The mouse = your fingers. The keyboard is on screen when needed. It is designed to be a stand-alone device in terms of input. It has its own OS, it has a 30 pin dock connector, which uses the USB standard. Ta-Blet, not Note-Book. :)

On the off chance you want an external keyboard.....

keyboard_dock_1_20100127.jpg

- A

Excuse my misstatement, the next OS revision has this, for iPhone/touch as well. They had to do something for both security and battery life for flash to be practical. I personally despise flash, especially flash ads that make a web page 40x slower than it needs to be. *shrug*

- A

Where did you get this from? Adobe has not released any press releases indicating that.

Archived