How to put yourself back on list

jgerma01

I was called 3 years ago for the Train Operator position, but declined. I took the exam back in Oct 03, and was 545 on the list. I was wondering how I would go about putting myself back on the list if possible, cause i believe that list is still valid until this october. Does anyone know if they are hiring any train operators this year and from this list.

thanks for the help

call up (1-212 669-1357 listen for directions,listen to the entire message.You have to write a letter to DCAS to get your list number reinstated.If you have a fax machine in your home,give them the number and it automatically faxes you a reinsatement sheet.Do this NOW!!! the list runs out in OCT!!

Good Luck!!!

I think if you passed on the job, thats it and you off the list.

If you decline the job, i.e. if you haven't responded to start the process, you can be reinstated. I believe you won't have another chance until the next exam if you decide to drop out during the process.

IMO, decline the job, you shouldn't have another chance until the next exam. The reinstatement rules need a serious revision.

If you decline the job, i.e. if you haven't responded to start the process, you can be reinstated. I believe you won't have another chance until the next exam if you decide to drop out during the process.

IMO, decline the job, you shouldn't have another chance until the next exam. The reinstatement rules need a serious revision.

You have 3 chances to get your butt back on the list, and that is a good thing, it should not be changed.

Personal reasons may prevent you from going through with the process, plus the mail can just lose your letter, so you can put your self back on the list

I agree with you 100%, this way the list moves faster. They are not going to run out of list numbers before the list expires. 3 chances is way too much.

Really? I knew you could ask for a postponement 2 or 3 times, but I thought that if you flat out say no I don't want the job you were of the list. I goot say thats kind dumb.

Well, at least it maintains that you have another chance at least if few postions are open. It is always good to have chances and it is not dumb at all.

Why should you get a second chance if you said you don't want the job the first time your list number came up? If you had a reason such as going to school or other extenuating circumstances, there would be nothing wrong.

Well, sometimes people are having personal reason they do not want to disclose, or if they got another temporary (like for the holidays or summer) 'higher-pay' job. The person may not want to tell even about their temporary job.

You just have to ruin every thread on here now, for christ sakes.

Why should you get a second chance if you said you don't want the job the first time your list number came up? If you had a reason such as going to school or other extenuating circumstances, there would be nothing wrong.

I have a relative that turned down his job with the TA years ago because his son was just born and the crazy schedule and NO family life wasn't going to work at the time. 2 years later he reinstated himself and was hired 3 weeks later. I see NOTHING wrong with this!!! It's part of it being civil service.

I have a relative that turned down his job with the TA years ago because his son was just born and the crazy schedule and NO family life wasn't going to work at the time. 2 years later he reinstated himself and was hired 3 weeks later. I see NOTHING wrong with this!!! It's part of it being civil service.

In a case like that, as I stated before, it is understandable. However I disagree that a person can get back on the list if they don't want the job but then say that they do.

In a case like that, as I stated before, it is understandable. However I disagree that a person can get back on the list if they don't want the job but then say that they do.

If you pay YOUR money to take the test then you should have these rights that we do have.

U can actually go down to one centre street like i did to restore ur name...this hiring freeze they have on BO sucks..right after i took my drug test the hiring freeze was brought up before i got a chance to take my medical so hopefully TA gets it together and start hiring ppl again...but go down there and get ur name bac on the list at least u kno they will call u sum day

Archived