The 12 west end stop getting fixed up

38th Street Yard

Every Rockaway line station is getting rehabbed, along with every West End station (I think one or two is only getting station work done but those stations have been previously worked on). The Sea Beach stations should be getting rehabbed in the near future.

Source - http://www.mta.info/mta/budget/july2009/july09_vol2part3.pdf page 26-27 (I can't remember where I read that the Sea Beach stations are getting rehabbed)

Woot! Certain stations on the line have needed help for years, particularly the fare zone areas underneath each of the platforms. I'm glad it's finally being done.

The Sea Beach line should definitely be next. The (N) deserves it.

Woot! Certain stations on the line have needed help for years, particularly the fare zone areas underneath each of the platforms. I'm glad it's finally being done.

The Sea Beach line should definitely be next. The (N) deserves it.

While redoing the Sea Beach, they should put a platform over the abandoned track at 62 Street.

It seems that they are fixing up mainly elevated/outdoor stations in the past years, which makes sense in that they are more prone to wear-and-tear from wind, salt, rain...

The only major underground station renovations of the past 2-3 years I can think of at the moment are Columbus Circle (IRT/IND), Jay St-Boro Hall (IND), and of course the Cortlandt St station on the BMT.

Some of the worst-looking underground stations are to be found along the BMT Nassau and IND Crosstown lines, but as long as they are structurally sound and only bad-looking, I guess they won't be fixed up for at least another decade, especially with the low ridership at stations like Bowery (BMT) and Broadway (IND).

instead of doing all of these projects at once the (MTA) should complete the mosty needed projects first! GOSH! like the SAS, screw the (7) extension, and all other upgrades :mad:!

SAS-needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fulton Street- should be done not to confuse tourists for the 10th anniversary of 9/11/01.

East Side Access- should be done; all they need is a fire scare in Penn Station during the height of the rush(!)

(7) line extension- it's not even being done properly!!! (no 10 Av station)GRRRR!

Archived