2009 Annual Subway Ridership Statistics

Concourse Express

For those of you who are interested, I recently obtained annual subway ridership data for the year 2009.

I posted the comprehensive list over on SubChat here; because of how long it took to properly format the HTML table without all those extra carriage returns, I won't "re-format" the list for display here.

Nonetheless, feel free to discuss.

Cortlandt Street on the (1) has ZERO passengers? I wonder why...

:P

Maybe becuz its hunted by ghost :o The Slant and Redbird GHOSTTTSS :cool:

btw any1 has the official (MTA) list? Yes i know it is official but prefer to use t/as

If you want MTA's list, you'll have to email them; they'll direct you to the ones in charge of the ridership records. That's how I got the data.

Yep, the current list is not available on the TA's website; it only shows the 2008 data.

For those of you who are interested, I recently obtained annual subway ridership data for the year 2009.

I posted the comprehensive list over on SubChat here; because of how long it took to properly format the HTML table without all those extra carriage returns, I won't "re-format" the list for display here.

Nonetheless, feel free to discuss.

Lexington/53rd (E)(V)(6) 18,618,358

Lexington/63rd (F) 3,989,743

Intervale Avenue and Simpson Street are right next to each other, yet there's a substantial ridership difference

I don't know how the (5) train gets so crowded because no one uses the Dyre Avenue stations. The only station with decent ridership is Gun Hill Road. The (5) is almost the IRT version of the (M)

Pelham Bay Park isn't as busy as I thought it was (neither is Flatbush Avenue/Brooklyn College)

75th Avenue (E)(F) is a ghost town compared to the two QB stations that flank it. I always noticed this, but I never understood why this is the case

The (J)(Z) are much busier on Broadway than Jamaica Avenue. Crescent Street isn't as busy as I thought

Bedford Avenue on the (L) is busier than 179 Street on the (F)? I knew the (F) was underutilized in Queens, but I'm still shocked.

Junction Blvd (7) is MUCH busier than I thought. The people who made the Flushing line picked the right station to be an express stop

Even though the Astoria line is short, it has disproportionately high ridership

I thought Hoyt/Schermerhorn was the busiest station in Brooklyn. I was so wrong.

Bedford Avenue on the (L) is busier than 179 Street on the (F)? I knew the (F) was underutilized in Queens, but I'm still shocked.

All those damn hipsters.

btw any1 has the official (MTA) list? Yes i know it is official but prefer to use t/as

Where else would this list come from other then the T/A?

Junction Blvd (7) is MUCH busier than I thought. The people who made the Flushing line picked the right station to be an express stop

I usually ride in the front of the train but the off times I ride in the middle, it empties out at Junction. You can sometimes get a seat and without having to bum rush.

It gets better in the summer with all the beardos walking around McCarren Park

Thank you for giving me a new nickname for the creepy guy who works down the hallway from me at work. My co-workers are going to love that.

Archived