Pay Raises for Provisional Employees

harryo714

Yes you are correct rutgers you have no seniority rights when you are provisional even if u had twenty years u pick last for jobs and vacation and u are the first to go. Also a provisional can not take a promotional exam only open competitive exams. In my case I took the open competitive exam, passed and made permmanent with no break in service so I have more seniority than the guys who took the same exam because I was already in the system. This was a big issue dcas, the union and ta had to get involved to straighten this out on a few of our picks.

If someone had a lower list number on the test than you it doesn't matter if you were already working as a provisional and they weren't they will be in front of you on the seniority roster!!! This is the ENTIRE point of civil service!!

From what I understand, a provisional with 20 years has the same seniority and the same rights, essentially, as a person with 2 years.

A permanent employee with 2 days on the job has more seniority than a provisional employee with 20 years. For all intents and purposes, a provisional employee is on permanent probation.

Hey guys, maybe anyone of you can be of help to me. Well, remember I told you I recently took the practical a few weeks back with TA, well I just receieved a letter from TA to come in for a pre-interview tomorrow (March 16). I had to fill out some background information about myself and my license. What does it involve going down to Livingston street Brooklyn? Does my chances still looking even though I have a few moving violations from 2005. Everything has been cleared. I have no pending violations and no suspension? Can somebody please get back to me ASAP. Thanks for all your help!! Wish me luck..lol.

Well got there at 7.15 filled out some paper work took a piss test and was given some more paper work and was told they would be in touch.What do you think dude?

they call soon as your piss comes back clean. also make sure the paperwork you filled out matches the paperwork you bring back word for word. its the same paperwork but thats how they catch people in lies.

Thanks dude just got another call to come in on monday and bring in this set of paperwork just wondering whats next medical test or another oral interview just nervous cause i would love this job and hope it would be easy for me in the future when the test comes out.fill me in on more info if you have.

Archived