X80 in the Bronx?

sebbieprops

This Thursday, around 1:20 p.m., I saw a bus designated as an X80, going westbound on Fordham Road at Webster Avenue.

The display sign read "X80 / 4-5-6 Metro-North".

I've never heard of this before. Was it simply a mistake, or has a new X80 route been added? Does anyone have any information?

It must've been a mistake as the X80 runs nowhere within the Bronx.

This route only appears when a special event is held on Randall's Island. It makes a non-stop trip between the island and 125 St. & Lexington Ave. People pay a round-trip express fare to and from the island, and those that use a Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard on a bus or subway within 2 hours can use it on the X80 to pay the remaining fare to equal an express fare (i.e.: if the express fare is $5, a person that uses a Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard on a local bus or subway to pay $2 can use the transfer on the X80 and $3 is deducted from the card).

Another express bus route that only appears when a special event is held on that same island is the X81, which runs non-stop between there and 61 St. & Roosevelt Ave. in Queens.

Just as DOBRTO stated, it could have been just for fun, and you could have very well seen it at Fordham and Webster. My brother puts in all types of crazy codes too when he's deadheading. The last Special Event (X80/X81) to my knowledge was last summer, and the next will be this summer. Was it an MCI OTR coach?

Just as DOBRTO stated, it could have been just for fun, and you could have very well seen it at Fordham and Webster. My brother puts in all types of crazy codes too when he's deadheading. The last Special Event (X80/X81) to my knowledge was last summer, and the next will be this summer. Was it an MCI OTR coach?

Even if it was, all the MCI's are programmed with local bus routes also. I've seen Bx1, and Bx9 signs on those things. I wonder what the code is for the X's.... Yukon I need codes.......PM me some......

Even if it was, all the MCI's are programmed with local bus routes also. I've seen Bx1, and Bx9 signs on those things. I wonder what the code is for the X's.... Yukon I need codes.......PM me some......

Yukon Express codes

7010 - X1 west midtown

7011 - X1 Eltingville Transit Center

7020 - x2 outbound

7021 - x2 inbound

7176 - x17j east midtown via nj

7175 - x17j Hugenot/ arden heights via nj

7170 - x17a downtown worth street

7171 - x17a annadale road

7173 - x17c hugenot / arden heights (combination via brooklyn to SI)

7172 - x17c East midtown/ 3rd ave 57th st

Remember Fareset "2" cause its $5.00

fare box code 10 - see sign below , come in handy when your flagging stops lol.

I have more If you need any.

Yukon Express codes

7010 - X1 west midtown

7011 - X1 Eltingville Transit Center

7020 - x2 outbound

7021 - x2 inbound

7176 - x17j east midtown via nj

7175 - x17j Hugenot/ arden heights via nj

7170 - x17a downtown worth street

7171 - x17a annadale road

7173 - x17c hugenot / arden heights (combination via brooklyn to SI)

7172 - x17c East midtown/ 3rd ave 57th st

Remember Fareset "2" cause its $5.00

fare box code 10 - see sign below , come in handy when your flagging stops lol.

I have more If you need any.

Thanks.... We just press *0..1##, and for dest. code.... 11, get "Next Bus Please" when flagging stops. Plus suppose to press 3 when flagging stops.

I am going to see if i can get those express signs on the artic buses...

Here are some for you to try:

3010 - Bx1 Riverdale

3011 - Bx1 Mott Haven

3012 - Bx1 Limited Riverdale

3013 - Bx1 Limited Mott Haven

All Bronx codes are 4 digits, that start with 3***.....

Just out of curiosity, what are the codes for the Bx17 and the Bx19?

Bx17:

3170 (Fordham Plaza)

3171 (Harlem-125st)

Bx19:

3190 (Bronx Park)

3191 (Riverbank Park)

3193 (Harlem-Bway-145st)

Manhattan codes start with 1***

Bronx start with 3***

Brooklyn starts with 4***

Queens start with 5***

X-press bus start with 7***

Staten Island (don't know)

The M100 use to be 2*** but that doesn't work anymore.....

Bx17:

3170 (Fordham Plaza)

3171 (Harlem-125st)

Bx19:

3190 (Bronx Park)

3191 (Riverbank Park)

3193 (Harlem-Bway-145st)

Bronx start with 3***

Queens start with 5***

1. Shouldn't code 3171 be "PORT MORRIS/ 136 ST"?

2. Just out of curisoity, is 3192 "Bx19 TREMONT AVE"?

3. A couple years ago, I saw Manhattan bound Bx15s with this sign cycle:

W. HARLEM

12 AV

VIA 3 AV

VIA 125 ST

What happened to that one? I liked that one so much since the Bx15 is the ONLY bus to travel the entire length of 125 Street.

1. Shouldn't code 3171 be "PORT MORRIS/ 136 ST"?

2. Just out of curisoity, is 3192 "Bx19 TREMONT AVE"?

3. A couple years ago, I saw Manhattan bound Bx15s with this sign cycle:

W. HARLEM

12 AV

VIA 3 AV

VIA 125 ST

What happened to that one? I liked that one so much since the Bx15 is the ONLY bus to travel the entire length of 125 Street.

Yeah, got the 15 and 17 one mixed up. 3171 is Port Morris. Tremont is 3192 or 3194, and one is for Third Ave. The Bx15 is that, but I don't remember lines I barely worked full sign display, especially towards an area I hate driving. 125st. I just gave a general sense of it. I only worked that one twice, luckily not on a Friday (or Fryday (as in fish fry-day) if youz black).....

For Bronx buses, the even ending numbers are for N/B trips, while odd ending numbers are for S/B trips. The line I work on now Bx41 goes.....

3410 Wakefield 241st-Webster Ave (Local bus)

3412 Fordham Rd (Local Bus N/:P

3418 Wakefield 241st-Webster Ave Limited

3411 The Hub-146st (done forgot if it says via Webster here)(Local)

3413 Fordham Rd (Local Bus S/B)

3417 The Hub-146st Limited

now of course 3414 5 and 6 are missing. Some don't work at all. There are gaps in some. The Bx36 had them for Grant Circle (Parkchester) and Grant H'way (Bronx aka University Ave). There were numbers missing in these.....The two Grants are also confusing, if you don't know the area.

Bx17:

3170 (Fordham Plaza)

3171 (Harlem-125st)

Bx19:

3190 (Bronx Park)

3191 (Riverbank Park)

3193 (Harlem-Bway-145st)

Bronx start with 3***

Queens start with 5***

I see. Thanks a lot for the response.

I don't see why you'd need a Tremont or a Third Avenue sign on the Bx19....wouldn't you just need one for Bronx Park and one for Riverbank Park?

They need the Tremont one. Third Ave. should be Grand Concourse. When the buses are late the dispatchers will have drivers pull into the depot from Tremont or 180st, or stop at Tremont and leave the bus there to go on break. I have been turned around at Grand Concourse, when 145st in Manhattan got horrendous at times.

Hey DOB2RTO SI local bus codes all start with 6XXX.

Heres a some good ones for ya -

6890 S89 Bayonne 34TH ST HBLR

6891 S89 Hylan BLVD

Goes to Bayonne NJ light rail PATH connection.

6780 - S78 Tottenville (methadonianville as we call it) all the rehabers get on at the ferry and bug out for the next hour waiting to get to the hospital at Seguine Ave

6781 - S78 St George Ferry

S78 is known as the "Man's Line" lot of seat time, 23 mile + round trip. If you got stomach or bladder problems don't pick it lol.

Hey DOB2RTO SI local bus codes all start with 6XXX.

Heres a some good ones for ya -

6890 S89 Bayonne 34TH ST HBLR

6891 S89 Hylan BLVD

Goes to Bayonne NJ light rail PATH connection.

6780 - S78 Tottenville (methadonianville as we call it) all the rehabers get on at the ferry and bug out for the next hour waiting to get to the hospital at Seguine Ave

6781 - S78 St George Ferry

S78 is known as the "Man's Line" lot of seat time, 23 mile + round trip. If you got stomach or bladder problems don't pick it lol.

I know they start with 6 as I have been putting up the S44 sign. When I pull in at night they ask how'd you get that sign, and tonight I was asked by a Bx12 driver how did I get "SIR train to Great Kills". I will try the 6890, tomorrow since I do a pull out for my Bx41.

I know they start with 6 as I have been putting up the S44 sign. When I pull in at night they ask how'd you get that sign, and tonight I was asked by a Bx12 driver how did I get "SIR train to Great Kills". I will try the 6890, tomorrow since I do a pull out for my Bx41.

The Bx41.... the route that i grew up riding!.. Im from Webster Ave.. i used to take that everyday when i went to Mount Saint Michaels High School in Wakefield/Mount Vernon

DOB2RTO, I think I saw a bus with the exact same sign on Friday night at Webster and Fordham while riding the W62, was that your bus?

They need the Tremont one. Third Ave. should be Grand Concourse. When the buses are late the dispatchers will have drivers pull into the depot from Tremont or 180st, or stop at Tremont and leave the bus there to go on break. I have been turned around at Grand Concourse, when 145st in Manhattan got horrendous at times.

Oh, now I understand. Thanks.

Archived