A,E,F trains Manhattan

Far Rock Depot

MTA Service Notice

Due to loss of power at the Broad Channel Station, there is no train service between the Howard Beach-JFK Airport Station and the Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue Station.

Also, due to loss of power at the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station:

There is no train service between the 125th Street Station and the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station in both directions.

There is no train service between the 23rd Street-Ely Avenue Station and the World Trade Center Station in both directions.

There is no train service between 21st Street-Queensbridge Station and the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in service on , and trains at this time.

So i just now got off at W4st. here's the breakdown.

The powerloss has also caused an Uptown A train to go B.I.E while departing w4. the arm came up at the next to last car(5383) and the train's stopped position is making it difficult for crew to reach it. (betweer 5383 and 5382) theres and E right behind it that was discharged there(only first car platformed). they also have a S/B F at W4 that was just discharged. My N/B A was the first to reach W4's lower level since the block. they are currently NOT letting anyone swipe on at W4. My commute to work tonight started with the debris on the tracks at B25th ST. from what i was told, the wind caused roof debris to fall onto the track just missing a train. i swiped on at B44 and right after was given 2 block tickets. once i took 2 buses to Rockaway Blvd, things were ok (running local) untill Lafayette

when we were told to hold. we were held at hoyt and Jay as well. we were cleared to 2nd Ave where we were to discharge but upon arrival we were cleared to proceed on signal to W4ST's lower level. W4 right now is a ghost town.(all turnstiles are currently set to not accept passengers into the station. Good luck!

Now im not sure about the loss of power at broad channel but the details of the debris at Ave X on the F involes a knocked down(not knocked out, down as in on the tracks!) signal. F's are running on the G from Queens to Bergen ST

Signals fell on the tracks on the EL?!

This is crazy! (A) train conductors made announcements at Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets saying that "due to a power failure in Manhattan, Jay Street will be the next and last stop." On top of that, on Hylan Boulevard in Staten Island, traffic lights were out for the majority of the S79 route, from Richmond Avenue to Tysens Lane. Lots of down trees, traffic congestion, and the bus I was on detoured. Definitely not a good day to be outside.

MTA Service Notice

Due to loss of power at the Broad Channel Station, there is no train service between the Howard Beach-JFK Airport Station and the Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue Station.

Also, due to loss of power at the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station:

There is no train service between the 125th Street Station and the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station in both directions.

There is no train service between the 23rd Street-Ely Avenue Station and the World Trade Center Station in both directions.

There is no train service between 21st Street-Queensbridge Station and the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in service on , and trains at this time.

So i just now got off at W4st. here's the breakdown.

The powerloss has also caused an Uptown A train to go B.I.E while departing w4. the arm came up at the next to last car(5383) and the train's stopped position is making it difficult for crew to reach it. (betweer 5383 and 5382) theres and E right behind it that was discharged there(only first car platformed). they also have a S/B F at W4 that was just discharged. My N/B A was the first to reach W4's lower level since the block. they are currently NOT letting anyone swipe on at W4. My commute to work tonight started with the debris on the tracks at B25th ST. from what i was told, the wind caused roof debris to fall onto the track just missing a train. i swiped on at B44 and right after was given 2 block tickets. once i took 2 buses to Rockaway Blvd, things were ok (running local) untill Lafayette

when we were told to hold. we were held at hoyt and Jay as well. we were cleared to 2nd Ave where we were to discharge but upon arrival we were cleared to proceed on signal to W4ST's lower level. W4 right now is a ghost town.(all turnstiles are currently set to not accept passengers into the station. Good luck!

At W.4, tripping that A train, signifies an AC power failure that only affects signals and not third rail power (DC power) but it still brings everything to a hault. I have a feeling that water entering the system from the street is playing havoc with the signal system's power.

yup. i was stuck on the A talkin with an RCI whos been tryin to get from south BK to 59-col.cir. A signal fell onto the tracks at Ave X. roof debris flew onto the tracks just missing a train between B25 and Mott. W4's power outage cause a train to go BIE and 3 trains were sitting there discharged. There was a tree on the tracks at AVe M on the Q that just got cleared.

This is crazy! (A) train conductors made announcements at Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets saying that "due to a power failure in Manhattan, Jay Street will be the next and last stop." On top of that, on Hylan Boulevard in Staten Island, traffic lights were out for the majority of the S79 route, from Richmond Avenue to Tysens Lane. Lots of down trees, traffic congestion, and the bus I was on detoured. Definitely not a good day to be outside.

Or underground! my A train was at Hoyt when we finally got word of a power outage. Me, the conductor and an RCI realized something was really wrong when a N/B F arrived on the N/B G track there. AT Jay street, we got cleared to proceed and end at 2nd Ave. At 2nd Ave we were givin permission to proced on signal to a far as W4th's lower level. The Ferry's out, the SIR are having issues.

At W.4, tripping that A train, signifies an AC power failure that only affects signals and not third rail power (DC power) but it still brings everything to a hault. I have a feeling that water entering the system from the street is playing havoc with the signal system's power.

Yup!

otherwise my N/B A wouldve never reached W4.

and from what i heard over the radio, crews are having issues reaching the trip arm thats currently located somewhere between the last 2 cars. The 3 trains stuck at W4 was that, an E behind it, and a S/B F. With work on the middle tracks, even if the outage didnt affect it(but it probably would) theres no way to reroute trains. F's are running on the G

Guess that's the end of the no Manhattan (E)(F) trains.

Yup. F's will take some time though since many of them were re routed over the G. The only things affected as of now are Q trains in Brooklyn and 3 trains in Harlem. A(Man. and Rockaway),E (manhattan) ,F(MAnhattan and it looks like brooklyn too) and Franklin S trains are running.

Archived