Question about CT Transit...

B35 via Church

Today I did some busfanning in Connecticut (out to Stamford, then heading back to port chester [NY] on Stamford's route 11)... While waiting for the 11, I saw something I found to be odd....

For those who never been to the transcenter in stamford, there's 5 lanes... the western-most lane is for dropoffs only (all routes)... then next to that lane, is the lane designated for the 1x buses (11a/b, 12, 13), next lane is for 2x, then 3x, then the 4x buses (which is the eastern-most lane)....

I saw a bus pull up in the lane for the 2x routes, that had "24-22" as the route number (it had the '-' sign on it).... does this mean that it does both those routes (there's no route 23 btw) in one run? or is that 24-22 some type of special route?

I saw a bus pull up in the lane for the 2x routes, that had "24-22" as the route number (it had the '-' sign on it).... does this mean that it does both those routes (there's no route 23 btw) in one run? or is that 24-22 some type of special route?

Its a "combo" route. Its does parts of the 22 and 24 as a whole trip. We have those in Hartford at night and sundays. They use to just leave such trips under one route number with added info in the worded part of the destination sign but alot of people just look at the numbers and get on the bus resulting in people ending up where they should'nt. That's why you see stuff as 42N or 35x.

For example, 31 has three branches.

31C Stamford becomes regular #31 at return trip to Transportation Center from Stamford Museum.

yeh, I thought about taking the 31, but tbh, I don't like doubling-back on routes when I fan... and I have to be in a particular mood to take long walks (which yesterday, I just wadn't)....

The 22-24 bus is the waterside bus.When I moved out here,I never understood it either.Like when the 21 all of a sudden turns into the 13 In the middle of the run.

speaking of the 13... I took that yesterday... that has to be one of the shortest bus rides I've ever been on... from the trans. center to main st, it only took 11 minutes (the B74 even takes a little longer than that)... too bad I got burned waiting for the 24 across from the walgreens... worse, come to find out, I was waiting on the wrong side of the street, even if it were running...

anyway, is the 13 normally that quick from end to end ?

-------------------------

in any event, I'm starting to like fanning in Connecticut.

Next week, I'm gonna try to knock out all of norwalk's routes (well, the ones that run on saturdays anyway)... like how that bus hub is set up out there.... but instead of taking stamford's #41 to norwalk (didn't care too much for the ride), I'ma just shell out a few extra bucks & take the MNRR straight there....

Despite all that, thanks for the help/insight y'all.

yeh, I thought about taking the 31, but tbh, I don't like doubling-back on routes when I fan... and I have to be in a particular mood to take long walks (which yesterday, I just wadn't)....

speaking of the 13... I took that yesterday... that has to be one of the shortest bus rides I've ever been on... from the trans. center to main st, it only took 11 minutes (the B74 even takes a little longer than that)... too bad I got burned waiting for the 24 across from the walgreens... worse, come to find out, I was waiting on the wrong side of the street, even if it were running...

anyway, is the 13 normally that quick from end to end ?

-------------------------

in any event, I'm starting to like fanning in Connecticut.

Next week, I'm gonna try to knock out all of norwalk's routes (well, the ones that run on saturdays anyway)... like how that bus hub is set up out there.... but instead of taking stamford's #41 to norwalk (didn't care too much for the ride), I'ma just shell out a few extra bucks & take the MNRR straight there....

Despite all that, thanks for the help/insight y'all.

No prob. IMO the 41(AKA Norwalk bus/Route 1 bus) And the 11(AKA Port Chester bus) Are the most epic runs in Stamford.:P

No prob. IMO the 41(AKA Norwalk bus/Route 1 bus) And the 11(AKA Port Chester bus) Are the most epic runs in Stamford.;)

Actually, the most epic run in Stamford - the 11 becomes the 41 at the Transportation Center.

Most epic of all? Traveling all the way from NYC to Norwalk with the swipe of a MetroCard (CTTransit accepts Bee-Line transfers).

Actually, the most epic run in Stamford - the 11 becomes the 41 at the Transportation Center.

Most epic of all? Traveling all the way from NYC to Norwalk with the swipe of a MetroCard (CTTransit accepts Bee-Line transfers).

exactly what happened 2 weeks ago... I took an (eastbound) 11, that pulled into lane 4 of the transcenter... didn't think much of it @ the time (b/c I had to take a leak)... when I came back to wait for the I-bus, it had just pulled off as a 41.

far as norwalk... man, I'm mad at myself... last week, I wanted to ride the remainder of norwalk's routes (I took the 10 [my first ride]... what a dump that area travels through & the 13 prior)... come to find out the 5/6 don't run on saturdays (I wasted an hour waiting for a bus that doesn't run), and I didn't have enough time to ride the 1, 2, and the 4 b/c the last buses out of pulse point (their hub) is around 6:20 IIRC...

here's my short triplog:

scan0012v.jpg

but as you can see, I did manage to ride that coastal link... that ish is bad !

only had enough time to ride it to MNRR Bridgeport though....

Archived