Transit cuts hit Brooklynites hard

w8Hou

B 60 service is pretty bad.I don't ride it,but I was standing around Rockaway Parkway train station and I hadn't seen a bus in a half of hour.when they do come,there's another one behind it.

The B60 is a long route and not a straight route with many turns and traffic onto small streets. That route goes through Carnarsie,Bed Stuy, Bushwick and Willaimsburg. The B60 from what i can see on WIlson and Gates runs pretty consistent and about as often as the B52 which also runs there .

The Million dollar question is... which one?

B60 headways aren't too great to begin with... worse, it runs slower than a snail... lol... doesn't help that it makes a series of turns through different neighborhoods, en route to the other end of the route (Canarsie)... this is probably the worst choice

B46 or B44 arrive far too frequent... where would buses be put on the manhattan side of the "extension"?

B24 runs similar (headway-wise) to the B39... Problem is, you don't wanna subject that route to Kosciusko (sp?) bridge traffic & Williamsburg Bridge traffic...

Q59 was recently traversed around the Kent/Wythe av portion of Williamsburg to get to WBP.. for it to get to WBP, to Manhattan, it would involve a circuitous loop, which adds a couple minutes to a route that (also) crawls.... the last thing that route needs...

Q54 riders can take the (J) out of Jamaica, or the (M) out of Middle Village to get to Manhattan... with the diversion of the route now serving Atlas mall, and it originating from Jamaica, this is pretty much out of the question also

* If I missed a route, plz confirm... I did that off the top of my head (as to which routes serve WBP)....

the 62 I didn't count b/c it doesn't terminate in WBP....

Anyway, you have to ask yourself, which is the lesser of two (well, 6) evils ?

for the 44 and 46 you could send every third buss they dont have to send all of them

The Million dollar question is... which one?

B60 headways aren't too great to begin with... worse, it runs slower than a snail... lol... doesn't help that it makes a series of turns through different neighborhoods, en route to the other end of the route (Canarsie)... this is probably the worst choice

B46 or B44 arrive far too frequent... where would buses be put on the manhattan side of the "extension"?

B24 runs similar (headway-wise) to the B39... Problem is, you don't wanna subject that route to Kosciusko (sp?) bridge traffic & Williamsburg Bridge traffic...

Q59 was recently traversed around the Kent/Wythe av portion of Williamsburg to get to WBP.. for it to get to WBP, to Manhattan, it would involve a circuitous loop, which adds a couple minutes to a route that (also) crawls.... the last thing that route needs...

Q54 riders can take the (J) out of Jamaica, or the (M) out of Middle Village to get to Manhattan... with the diversion of the route now serving Atlas mall, and it originating from Jamaica, this is pretty much out of the question also

* If I missed a route, plz confirm... I did that off the top of my head (as to which routes serve WBP)....

the 62 I didn't count b/c it doesn't terminate in WBP....

Anyway, you have to ask yourself, which is the lesser of two (well, 6) evils ?

Of all the buses that terminate at WBP, either the B24 or the Q59 would be only choices imo that I would have merged with the B39.

If the (MTA) had bulid an ADA access at Essex for the (J)(M)(F) station than the B39 cut could be justfied. However it's not and the (MTA) is imobasically slapping in the face the Disabled/Senior Community that go to that stop one of the busiest in Lower Manhattan. :tdown::mad:

Personally I would have left things alone and had the B39 should have just be reduced from currently 24/7 to running 7 days a week say weekdays 530am-Midnight Saturdays 7am-11pm and Sundays 8am-8pm since overnight B39 service is a waste. I railfanned on the B39 on a Saturday Afternoon at around 5pm last summer(2009) and it was close to standing room w/ only i remember correct 2-3 empty seats.

Or another option the (MTA) could have done is to even run it weekdays only mergering it with the B24(called the B39) and run it between 48th St/Queens Blvd in Sunnyside & Lower East Side through Kosciusko/BQE and serve the WBP.

While the B24 Greenpoint Av line would run as a 'shuttle' between Manhattan Ave(Greenpoint Ave (G) station) and 46th St (7)station 7 days a week.

Another area where the (MTA) dropped the ball in 'service adjustments' an area of Brooklyn that population is increasing.:mad:

Another area where the (MTA) dropped the ball in 'service adjustments' an area of Brooklyn that population is increasing.:mad:

Got to laugh when I read that, because I just got off the bus and saw the census ad that stated: If we don't know how many people there are, how do we know how many buses we need?

When has the MTA ever used census data to determine the number of buses needed. I was so tempted to take out a pen and write on the ad "Not true."

Archived