Eagles trade Donavan McNabb to the Redskins

nel070

The Philadelphia Eagles traded McNabb to the Washington Redskins for a pair of draft picks on Sunday night. The Eagles will receive a second-round pick (37th overall) in this month's NFL draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year.

The Philadelphia Eagles traded McNabb to the Washington Redskins for a pair of draft picks on Sunday night. The Eagles will receive a second-round pick (37th overall) in this month's NFL draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year.

I am not surprised McNabb is traded. However I am very stunned to hear he traded within the same division to the Eagles biggest hated rival, other than the Cowboys the Redskins:o:eek:. I know about the Giants too but most Philly fans really dislike the Cowboys and Redskins alot more than the Giants.

McNabb has a very good career a very close call as a NFL Hall of Famer. He is the NFL version of Patrick Ewing who overachieved and did not have a 2nd great offensive player to win the super bowl.

This trade now gives the DC club maybe their best QB in nearly 20 years since Mark Rypien led to their last super bowl win in the 1991 season.

I think this turns the Redskins into a contender for the NFC East title and I think the Eagles trading within the division is a big mistake.

I am not sure division champion but the Redskins defense in last couple of years is not that bad and if they play well they could be at least a wild card contender. Eagles skipper Reid is gambling that McNabb's replacement Cobb will be their QB for next 5 years or more.

I thought that teams like the Dolphins, Jaguars, Seahawks, Raiders, Bronocos or even the Vikings if Favre does not return is where he might have ended up.

I am not sure division champion but the Redskins defense in last couple of years is not that bad and if they play well they could be at least a wild card contender. Eagles skipper Reid is gambling that McNabb's replacement Cobb will be their QB for next 5 years or more.

I thought that teams like the Dolphins, Jaguars, Seahawks, Raiders, Bronocos or even the Vikings if Favre does not return is where he might have ended up.

The Redskins have a very good defense plus Shanahan is a master of offense. They have 3 decent running backs in Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson and Willie Parker and a speedy recieiver in Santana Moss. The Redskins will be a factor in the Nfc East and imagine if they sign say Terrell Owens.

Yeah, it's not too smart to trade within your division.... but that's where my agreeance stops...

I say this does nothin for the Redskins... they're gonna be the same under-achieving team that they've been for years...

don't you all see a trend with this franchise... they have a nact for getting big name free agents, and doing squat, as far as going deep in... or even making the playoffs is concerned....

last year, the big name guy that was supposed to take them over the top was Haynesworth... one year, it was London Fletcher (that was 07 IINM)... then the year before that, when they (also) got Archuleta from the Rams - the same year they got randle el... one year, they obtained a rising star in Shawn Springs (who fell off big time)... then a while back, they got lavernues (however the hell you spell his name) coles off free agency, when he was supposed to be the big thing out of NY (Jets) that year....

out of all their free agency pickups over the past 10 years, the only one that made a real difference was Fletcher.

now I'm supposed to believe that a broken up, on-the-decline QB like McNabb is gonna take them over the top...

yah right....

I saw it coming, but I am still surprised about the trade. McNabb has been the QB of the decade, and one of the greatest in Eagles history. And he had some awful downs in his career too (choking in the Super Bowl, getting injured almost every season), but I still liked him as a QB. If anything, Andy Reid should learn how to run the ball (remember the game against the Raiders?). Oh well, it is a new decade so it should be a new beginning for the Eagles.

It was stupid for him to go to a division rival though. As an Eagles fan, I have more of a hatred towards the Giants and Cowboys than the Redskins, since the Skins are sorta like the Nats-- usually in the cellar.

Yeah, it's not too smart to trade within your division.... but that's where my agreeance stops...

I say this does nothin for the Redskins... they're gonna be the same under-achieving team that they've been for years...

don't you all see a trend with this franchise... they have a nact for getting big name free agents, and doing squat, as far as going deep in... or even making the playoffs is concerned....

last year, the big name guy that was supposed to take them over the top was Haynesworth... one year, it was London Fletcher (that was 07 IINM)... then the year before that, when they (also) got Archuleta from the Rams - the same year they got randle el... one year, they obtained a rising star in Shawn Springs (who fell off big time)... then a while back, they got lavernues (however the hell you spell his name) coles off free agency, when he was supposed to be the big thing out of NY (Jets) that year....

out of all their free agency pickups over the past 10 years, the only one that made a real difference was Fletcher.

now I'm supposed to believe that a broken up, on-the-decline QB like McNabb is gonna take them over the top...

yah right....

listening to WIP on the internet the lines are burning up

yah right....

Mcnabb is not on the decline last year 22 touchdowns 10 interceptions with a 93 rating not bad with a running game the Redskins will be dangerous and they finally the Redskins have competent football men in charge like Bruce Allen who won a superbowl in Tampa Bay and Mike Shanahan who won two superbowls in Denver.

Why would they trade McNabb unless they feel he's on the decline? Dare I say Rush Limbaugh maybe right about McNabb being overrated?

overrated? Every time the Eagles lose, the fans blame it on him. I lived there for 5 years and every time the Eagles lost a game I'd hear fans trash talking McNabb. Which is funny cuz most of those people talkin shit don't look fit to play the game themselves. Let's see them out there on the field for 10 minutes.

I hate the Eagles myself but I feel sorry for McNabb for being stuck on such a team w/ lousy fans.

Mcnabb is not on the decline last year 22 touchdowns 10 interceptions with a 93 rating not bad with a running game the Redskins will be dangerous and they finally the Redskins have competent football men in charge like Bruce Allen who won a superbowl in Tampa Bay and Mike Shanahan who won two superbowls in Denver.

I'm not implying that he's a bad QB.... so you don't have to pull out stats to try to prove that point....

however, McNabb is on the decline b/c he can't make plays with his legs anymore (by that, I mean running/scampering/evading would-be tacklers to make a play down the field)... he's becoming more of a pocket QB (you can tell that just by watchin Eagles games last year)... he looked uncomfortable out there...

... and with that Redskin offensive line, that spells trouble for McNabb... no other way to put it...

hate to bring him up, given what happened to him, but McNabb's gonna end up like McNair in the latter stages of his NFL career....

...They never appreciated McNabb from day one. And now I hope Kevin Kolb blows for the Eagles and Michael Vick too. Seriously, Eagles fans doesnt deserve a great QB like McNabb.

There's truth to that.... While Andy Reid got a pass on A LOT of ****-ups the eagles have had over the years, McNabb was an easy copout for eagles fans when they lost...

- when those butter-fingered receivers kept droppin balls... that was mcnabb's fault somehow....

- when defenses shut down westbrook, that was mcnabb's fault too - should've thrown the ball more...

- kicker missed a game winning FG, even that was mcnabb's fault - if mcnabb would've completer *some* pass to get the kicker in closer FG range.... The list goes on....

'ish like that is why I can't stomach that team... come to think of it, when it comes to sports, I don't care for any Philadelphia prof. team... a large part of it is due to how finnicky their fans are about things.....

as for Kolb, yeh, he's gonna be a bust... Andy Reid is hallucinating if he believes otherwise.... got people on sportscenter bigging him (Kolb) up, comparing him to Aaron Rodgers (Packers QB)....

lmfao....

I'm not implying that he's a bad QB.... so you don't have to pull out stats to try to prove that point....

however, McNabb is on the decline b/c he can't make plays with his legs anymore (by that, I mean running/scampering/evading would-be tacklers to make a play down the field)... he's becoming more of a pocket QB (you can tell that just by watchin Eagles games last year)... he looked uncomfortable out there...

... and with that Redskin offensive line, that spells trouble for McNabb... no other way to put it...

hate to bring him up, given what happened to him, but McNabb's gonna end up like McNair in the latter stages of his NFL career....

as for Kolb, yeh, he's gonna be a bust... Andy Reid is hallucinating if he believes otherwise.... got people on sportscenter bigging him (Kolb) up, comparing him to Aaron Rodgers (Packers QB)....

lmfao....

So B35 or other NFL fans? Right now if his carrer ended today is McNabb a NFL Hall Of Famer? Compared to other elite QB's of his era like Kurt Warner, Steve McNair and of course locks like Brady and Peyton?:eek::confused:

agree nel. Hell Warren Moon is in the HOF why not Dovovan? Moon carrer in the CFL was among the best ever of any player. In NFL it so-so.

"Broadway Joe' did shatter pro football passing records and was the best QB in the late '60's hands down in the NFL/AFL says my dad who did see "Joe" play. His off the field behavior is what overshadows his carrer. Plus without the Jets winning super bowl 3 the then 'tenative' merger of the AFL/NFL could have been in doubt.

Guest Charles

The Eagles will have a horrible this year but they'll be a serious Super Bowl contended come 2011.

I feel bad for McNabb. He deserves to play on a better team than Washington. His skills shouldn't be wasted by some lackluster team.

The Eagles will have a horrible this year but they'll be a serious Super Bowl contended come 2011.

I feel bad for McNabb. He deserves to play on a better team than Washington. His skills shouldn't be wasted by some lackluster team.

His skills were wasted on the Eagles...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived