Sunday service coming to Suffolk Transit!

JohnQPine

According to this article, revenue from a fare hike would go to Sunday service.

http://www.hamptons.com/News/For-The-Record/10354/East-End-Closer-To-Sunday-Bus-Services.html

They may raise fares to the same level as MTA LI Bus. Between that and the Orion 7NGs coming, it smells like (MTA) .

John, where in that article did it say that fares, cuz i never saw it, and the last thing i heard on the subject was that the new fares hadn't even been decided yet and that was Two months ago.

And 30 of the new buses are going to be paid with some type of Federal money that Tim Bishop got for the county, that also requires the 30 older buses that will be replaced with the newer buses to have somewhere between 500,000 and 750,00 Miles on them, and money for 55 new buses HAD been put aside almost a year BEFORE Tim Bishop's money AND the order was placed.

now this may sound Snotty and mean and what not, and sure i promised i wouldn't sound that way, but i'm sick and tired of ppl making claims like they know it all, when half the time they don't bother to check things out.

It could spell the MTA taking over Suffolk Transit in the near future. Didn't they want to do that?

Levy and Romaine wanted that to happen, but in Suffolk the elected officials change their minds all the time, case in point Mr. Romaine had a way to have Sunday Service for SCT but it showed no way to FUND it. He was also against the MTA tax and said they did a bad job with the LIRR service out east and yet he WANTED them to take over SCT.

anyway Levys pitch for an MTA takeover wuld be how the MTA worked with Nassau, and everyone knows how that went.

John, where in that article did it say that fares, cuz i never saw it, and the last thing i heard on the subject was that the new fares hadn't even been decided yet and that was Two months ago.

And 30 of the new buses are going to be paid with some type of Federal money that Tim Bishop got for the county, that also requires the 30 older buses that will be replaced with the newer buses to have somewhere between 500,000 and 750,00 Miles on them, and money for 55 new buses HAD been put aside almost a year BEFORE Tim Bishop's money AND the order was placed.

now this may sound Snotty and mean and what not, and sure i promised i wouldn't sound that way, but i'm sick and tired of ppl making claims like they know it all, when half the time they don't bother to check things out.

Said it right here

The increase in bus fares to a level commensurate with those charged by the MTA/Long Island Bus would produce revenues needed to implement bus service on Sundays. This legislation directs the Director of Transportation Operations in the Department of Public Works to hold, as soon as possible, public hearings to consider raising bus fares up to those charged by the MTA/Long Island Bus.

• 2 weeks later...
Said it right here

The increase in bus fares to a level commensurate with those charged by the MTA/Long Island Bus would produce revenues needed to implement bus service on Sundays. This legislation directs the Director of Transportation Operations in the Department of Public Works to hold, as soon as possible, public hearings to consider raising bus fares up to those charged by the MTA/Long Island Bus.

sorry if i sounded like a real A** when i made the post John, i was mad at something else at the same time so it kinda spilled over when i was posting.

Commensurate means close to are near, or thats what the dictionary i used said, 1.75 or even 2.00 is close to what the MTA charges.

besides if the county couldn't keep the fares up at 1.75 8 years ago because they didn't have enough money, what makes them so sure that ppl wouldn't lash out over an increase to 2.25. Sure it would bring Sunday Service (to at least some routes last i heard), but to have the fare at 2.25 when the same guy who brought this up said a year ago it could be don with a .25 or .50 cent increase (i forgot which one it was), that will turn some heads.

Interestingly, this is being originated in The East End (The Hamptons) and if Sunday bus service on ST does become a reality, I would hope it benefits Brentwood, Islip Terrace and Amityville as well.

his has a way to pay for it, another legislator had brought up the issue, but had no way to pay for it.

there will be enough funds to create Sunday Service on it was like 24 routes, or last i heard.

are there still routes in Suffolk that don't have Saturday Service?

sorry if i sounded like a real A** when i made the post John, i was mad at something else at the same time so it kinda spilled over when i was posting.

Commensurate means close to are near, or thats what the dictionary i used said, 1.75 or even 2.00 is close to what the MTA charges.

besides if the county couldn't keep the fares up at 1.75 8 years ago because they didn't have enough money, what makes them so sure that ppl wouldn't lash out over an increase to 2.25. Sure it would bring Sunday Service (to at least some routes last i heard), but to have the fare at 2.25 when the same guy who brought this up said a year ago it could be don with a .25 or .50 cent increase (i forgot which one it was), that will turn some heads.

When MetroCard was introduce on Bee-Line bus during $1.75 fare while (MTA) was $2.00, Unlimited MetroCard was accepted and Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard customers got deducted $2.

Archived