Question about the Bx25/26 on school days

Kingsbridge Bus

On Allenton Ave & Lodovick Ave, there is a golden bus pole displaying Bx25/Bx26 on it for school days only. The only strange thing is the location of the pole was not on the side of the street that the bus runs on. Is there a special service that runs through a different street that I don't know about

there's something similar to this over on Merrick blvd & 233rd; noticed it while fanning the x63 earlier this week...

the bus stop is physically on 233rd street; a few yards away from the corner of merrick/233rd...

my guess is that, that's a measure taken to separate the schoolkids from the regular riders (that would've been already on the bus before it ever reached w/e school in question).... In other words, pretty much ensuring that the schoolkids are the first set of passengers on those school runs....

By my school they have the ''special'' buses that you are talking about. Those buses are the ones that you see on the back of the borough bus maps that say ''School days, additional service is operated from ... to ... at a certain time''.

During the time that the ''special'' buses run, the local buses that pass near the school (the S46 buses) usually don't stop at the school, isolating the kids from regular commuters (though I've outsmarted the MTA by walking 2 blocks to a regular bus stop and catching the regular buses that get there before the ''specials'') :P :cool:

What school is near it?

I checked on Google Maps. It looks like it is near Middle School 144. The stop is on Lodovick Avenue. I think that is what Kingsbridge Bus meant when he said it is on the side of the street that the bus stops on (the regular Bx25/26 stop on Allerton Avenue).

Those are called "school trips." They usually don't start on the main route (there are few examples when they do) but they eventually go on the main route. You would most likely see gold (or yellow looks the same to me) bus stops and it shows where it starts at. (Although the B25 & B46 start at the normal blue stops) and they make all (or most) regular stops

I checked on Google Maps. It looks like it is near Middle School 144. The stop is on Lodovick Avenue. I think that is what Kingsbridge Bus meant when he said it is on the side of the street that the bus stops on (the regular Bx25/26 stop on Allerton Avenue).

Yea that's what I meant

Archived