My General Reroute Maps

MattTrain

I have scanned some maps of some reroutes in the Month of April.

The first one is the (2) not running between Flatbush Avenue (Brooklyn and Chambers Street (Manhattan) during late nights.

GOmap2.jpg

The Second one is the (C) to 2nd Avenue, the (F) to Euclid Avenue, and the (G) to Stilwell Avenue.

GOmap.jpg

The Third one is the (2)(3) not running to Brooklyn. the (2) replaced by the (5) in the day and by the (S) at night. the (3) replaced by (4).

23GO.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

DO you happen to have the (J) shuttle map by any chance?

I don't think the MTA makes maps for such simple GO's. I don't think they even make them for the (E) to 34th via 63rd and 53rd.

Unless you're referring to the (J) shuttle to Prospect Park?

Also, the (2)(3)(4)(5) maps are incomplete. The fact that Manhattan-bound (2)(5) and daytime (4) runs express between Franklin and Atlantic is not shown.

Nice stuff! Thanks for sharing 'em.

DO you happen to have the (J) shuttle map by any chance?

The only map I have is the (J) to Prospect Park, it only shows the Lower Manhattan portion though, I am still looking for the map in one of my desks. If I find it I'll share it here.

Thanks to everyone who commented and checked out the maps. I shall give you links to bigger versions soon.

IDK why, i like the (C)(D)(F) at Bway Laffayette and (5)(S) at Flatbush

Interesting that you like the (C)(D)(F) at Broadway Lafayette.

It was very chaotics at Chambers St/WTC/Park Place because there was no connection to Brooklyn.

You can not connect to the (4)(5) from Park Place going to Brooklyn, but you can switch at Broadway-Nassau street from the (A), providing that that platform isn't closed.

I meant today because there was no Brooklyn-bound (A), no (2)(3) in both directions at Park Place.

When I was making sure no one is waited for (2)(3), and when I see people about to enter station, I said, "All Brooklyn (2)(3) stops, take Brooklyn-bound (4)(5) at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall making (2)(3) stops in Brooklyn to New Lots Av/Flatbush Av.

I meant today because there was no Brooklyn-bound (A), no (2)(3) in both directions at Park Place.

Oh man, that's really bad. Well again, one might have to leave the subway system from WTC/Park Place to Fulton Street (4)(5). I don't know any within system transfers to the (4)(5) from the (E). Or what you said before the (4)(5) at City Hall, a short walk from the (E).

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

No problem, I couldn't find these online so I thought I'd just scan there.

Splendid

Thanks a lot.

Nice, it give the G.O. some fame on The Map with the P having an arrow, :P!

P having an arrow? hmm. Thanks.

I really love how the maps are "pristine", I mean, the fact it does not have the station connections bubbles whhich really annoy the living shit out of me.

Yeah, I don't like those either, are they even necessary, I mean on major stations, sure but some of it is too much.

They are supposed to help tourists, I think. What a waste of ink. I prefer the old subway maps a lot.

Me too they were more simpler back then, but they didn't have those GO pamphlets with maps on them though.

Me too they were more simpler back then, but they didn't have those GO pamphlets with maps on them though.

That's true. They usually list shuttle bus stops, stations affected and such. They did have maps, but they were more like line diagrams and were very primitive compared to the likes of today. And I did not recall them having huge GO posters like today's (not the signs, but the very large ones hung by the gates). The first time I recalled seeing a GO pamphlet with a coloured map was the 2001 Manhattan bridge thing, IIRC.

They did have maps, but they were more like line diagrams and were very primitive compared to the likes of today. And I did not recall them having huge GO posters like today's (not the signs, but the very large ones hung by the gates). The first time I recalled seeing a GO pamphlet with a coloured map was the 2001 Manhattan bridge thing, IIRC.

Expect the development to continue! Here is a quote from an MTA employee when I asked on Google Groups if they could make an official version of SubwayWeekender and expand GO communication in general:

Thanks for your suggestions. In general, we'd love to do as much as we can, but have limited resources at the moment. The more developers can do, the better. To that end, we're planning to put out weekend and late-night GTFS files to account for planned service changes, but have some other data needs happening at the moment. We do plan to put this information out in the future.

We're also working on an official weekend map internally, but are interested to see what developers come up with as well.

expect the development to continue! Here is a quote from an MTA employee when I asked on Google Groups if they could make an official version of SubwayWeekender and expand GO communication in general:

Wow I find that quite interesting, thanks.

Henry, you have some good observations. that 2001 service changes map with the (:((D)<Q>(Q)(W) was a good example. the 2004 changes with the (B)(D)(M2)(N)(Q)(R)(W) when the (B)(D) went to Brooklyn again is sure another great example. I think those service changes were long term too, for rehab purposes.

Archived