Why Do people seek MTA jobs?

Trainmaster5

And the sad think is, he will make all that money and drop dead of a heart attack within 2 years of retiring. I would rather have some money and be my lovable healthy self than hustle and die.

true but if you get in at Tier 4 it TOTALLY makes sense to pad the pension in your last 3 years

And the sad think is, he will make all that money and drop dead of a heart attack within 2 years of retiring. I would rather have some money and be my lovable healthy self than hustle and die.

We're on the same page here, but some cats wanna burn the candle at both ends. I have to work four RDO's for the pick this time around and I'm hating every minute of it; I need two days off, damnit! I don't know how people can do six days on a regular. Then again if you've got bills up to your neck, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

true but if you get in at Tier 4 it TOTALLY makes sense to pad the pension in your last 3 years

It's actually more than 3 years (unless you've been clocking OT on a consistent basis) as there is a 10% wage gain cap on each successive year. Realistically speaking, most people have to bust their azzes for at least 5 years.

We're on the same page here, but some cats wanna burn the candle at both ends. I have to work four RDO's for the pick this time around and I'm hating every minute of it; I need two days off, damnit! I don't know how people can do six days on a regular. Then again if you've got bills up to your neck, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

It's actually more than 3 years (unless you've been clocking OT on a consistent basis) as there is a 10% wage gain cap on each successive year. Realistically speaking, most people have to bust their azzes for at least 5 years.

Even if you have big debt, destroying your health breathing in all that steel dust is not worth it. You do need both days off. One to recuperate from the crap from customers, coworkers and the higher ups, and the second day to get all you crap done if you have a crappy tour during your work days. That's really the only thing good about the PMs. If you're scheduled late enough, you can get all your crap done in the early after noon, exercise, etc, and then head to work later.

Archived