My predictions for new QB line car assingments

Ftrainfan

Yeah except your back will be hurting like a b*tch cuz of the shitty type of seating.

Nah, man. Those seats are good. I didn't like at first, but I've gotten used to them. They're comfortable now. I'm glad they're no R40/40M seats; the worst I've experienced.

The cars still have to travel to a maintance yard no mattter what: CSQ to Jam Yd. or Church to CIYD. Granted the latter is a bit shorter, but all I'm doing is reporting that JYD will still handle the line, without personal commentary.

Don't forget, JYD will have a responsibility for fewer cars once they "lose" the V on 6/27 as all M's will be assigned to ENYD.

So, Jamaica Yard will be (E), (F), (G), (R)...

IMO:

(E)(F)-not being cut during rush hours, ~83 trainsets in total of R160s and the occasional R46

(R)-getting ~2 more TPH, IINM

(M)-~4 more trainsets than the (V) has now.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

How about two more train sets than the (M2) runs? The (M2) runs more trains than the (V). According to this train set assignment I'm looking at.

Nah, man. Those seats are good. I didn't like at first, but I've gotten used to them. They're comfortable now. I'm glad they're no R40/40M seats; the worst I've experienced.

Let me put it this way...F*** NTT SEATING, those seats are the worst type of seating that the MTA could have ever ordered. Your friggin ass can't even conform to it cuz it's too darn flat without having to hang off the edge of the seat.

Speaking of the (M) train, I'm conflicted because the (F) will continue to operate via 63rd. I've spent the last 8 years hating the (V) train. I can't hate the (M) because the (M) is the subway line that got me into transit since I used to live near the (M) train in Bushwick.

Most people already know about my disdain of the (F) operating via 63rd. However, my gag order prevents me from talking about 63rd Street. Let's get back to the topic.

Oh please, you said yourself that your main line is the (E) so I really can't see how the hell it can bother you that much. I've been putting up with (V) haters for years.

Let me put it this way...F*** NTT SEATING, those seats are the worst type of seating that the MTA could have ever ordered. Your friggin ass can't even conform to it cuz it's too darn flat without having to hang off the edge of the seat.

If the 'lump' was a bit lower and less protruding, then it would be tolerable. I understand the idea is because a 90 degree seating is terrible like the fold up seats in that R160B 'test train', but the lump is just too high up.

To be comfortable, you'd need something like a bag behind you as a support.

I can support that claim. I've seen the rush of riders crowd into the last few cars. If at the WTC, just let the train leave if you have to so you can walk up the platform for the first few cars.

It's rush hour, so people tend to crowd the very first 2 cars of each train. The north end is 10% packed, while the 3 cars of the south motor can be SRO. These crowds come out from WFC, Goldman Sachs and other institutions. It makes me wonder why they haven't thought of a transit connection whilst they were building out the WFC from the WTC landfill decades ago.

Well if they made the mezzanine [parallel to the E's platform] within the fare zone, they could then build an overhead connection from that mezzanine to the middle of the platform rather than everyone crowding in on the first few cars they can pack in to.

It's not really about the mezzanine being not in the fare zone. It's really about the relative position of the station relative to its surroundings. The southern motor abuts Vesey Street, which is currently a pedestrian walkway. Vesey leads directly to the bridge, which is the access point for commuters to WFC3, WFC4 and Goldman Sachs. Folks are invited to turn at West Broadway for the (A)(C)(2)(3), which was a sign recently put up in light of the overcrowding at Vesey during rush hours. But the sign only points in that direction for the (A)(C)(2)(3). It points in direct of Church and Vesey for the (E). Besides, nobody wants to do any additional walking to the train. It's rush hour for a reason. The (E) is indeed the closest subway line these folks can reach. PATH customers also find the (E) one of the closest subway lines.

Pending on how well the new transportation infrastructure at the hub connects to the new developments at the WTC site, there will be some changes in passenger volume at the (E) station when the site is completed.

Archived