My predictions for new QB line car assingments

Ftrainfan

This thread is meant for us to speculate on what is going to happen. Of course we all do want our favourite equipment to run on most of the lines. But there are many factors to car assignments that are beyond simple control. Besides lines based out of Jamaica don't just interline with other lines based out of Jamaica. The (M), just as a clear example, would definitely base out of ENY. (Perhaps some mid-day storage at JAM) You have to take into account other trains that run on the other lines. You also have to take into account how many trains of type X, Y or Z are available for use, and the minimum of cars to be stored for "whatever happens". There's also the time factor, as certain time periods demand more trains than other periods. There are more AM trains scheduled because people don't want to be late for work and hence there's this urgency. There are fewer trains in the PM period because people tend to do other things after work, not all workers make a beeline home. And also, certain car types are "designed" to match the demand. For example, it is highly illogical to place 75 footers on the (E), which goes SRO PM rush right at WTC, even with 60 footers. 60 footers are able to carry more capacity because of the longitudinal seating and more doors. 75 footers are generally more geared towards the locals as they don't usually go through crowds (the (R) can be an exception because of its length, and the (M) is not designed for 75 footers). And the final decision is based on what they think is best.

If you ask me, the (R) dont need to exist anymore. Instead, have service like this:

Queens Blvd:

(E) Run Queens Blvd Local All times

(F) Run Queens Blvd Express All times

Broadway

(N) Run Local all times

(Q) Run Express all times except Late Nights

Downtown

(N) run downtown all times

(Q) run Downtown late nights

4 Av

(N) Run Local all times

(D) Run express all times except late nights

(Q) Run via 4 Av Local ALL TIMES

Bay Ridge Line

(N) To/From Bay Ridge 95 St all times

Sea Beach

(Q) via Sea Beach Local all times

Brighton

<B> Run Brighton Express Weekdays only till 11 PM

(:P Run Brighton Local all times

There is absolutely no reason to eliminate the (R) and make any of these changes. You will have riders from the other lines going berserk over having their express trains being made into locals just so you can get rid of the (R). Would you also suggest getting rid of the (C) for the same reason?

Did they make up the new car assignments yet?

And I don't see any lines changing in Jamaica outside of the (G) possibly going to CI (Which at this point doesn't sound like it's going to happen).

(G) is not going to CI yet. It may be on the board, but that's not going to happen on June at least.

what the hell is thread seriously about? why is this still even open for discussion?

imma lay it out like this:

(E) 100 percent R160's and always will be!!

(F) 90 percent R160's and occasional R46's

(R) 25 to 30 percent R160's with many other R46's

(M) 100 percent R160-A 4car Sets from ENY ONLY!

(G) 100 4 car R46

BAM! simple!!! there are no car changes on QB :mad:

what the hell is thread seriously about? why is this still even open for discussion?

(G) 100 4 car R46

I totally concur. What was discussed has been discussed.

:lock:

The (E) is and will remain 100 percent R160s. There is no reason whatsoever to fiddle with its equipment now. If something more efficient comes along, the R179 say at sometime in the future, then the (E) and (F) may use that equipment.

Be glad the R160s still look like subway trains. I've seen buses that look like abominations... Leave 'em on the (E) and (F) IMO. Makes late night rides after bus/railfanning not-so-boring.

Be glad the R160s still look like subway trains. I've seen buses that look like abominations... Leave 'em on the (E) and (F) IMO. Makes late night rides after bus/railfanning not-so-boring.

Yeah except your back will be hurting like a b*tch cuz of the shitty type of seating.

They will have to, as there are plans on the board to put CBTC on a section of the QBL express tracks.

Did they make up the new car assignments yet?

And I don't see any lines changing in Jamaica outside of the (G) possibly going to CI (Which at this point doesn't sound like it's going to happen).

About a week before the implimentaion of the new pick, car assignments are published.

JYD will supply cars to the G line for the pick starting 6/27. No word it it will still be an R46 line tho. Again, we find out when the car assignment sheet comes out.

(G) 100 4 car R46

The G line does not have 25 trains of R46's. Far from it! Full service is 13/4 car trains!

There ARE car changes on Queens Blvd. even if the E/F/R remain the same: The JAM assigned R46's on the V get replaced with ENY R160's. This will allow additional R46's to be transfered to Pitkin to replace R44's.

The third rail shoes on the R160 are called current collectors and are very flimsy, about half the size and weight of traditional shoes. I don't like them. Then I have the opportunity to "get up close and personal" unlike the rest of you.

They will have to, as there are plans on the board to put CBTC on a section of the QBL express tracks.

What decade is that supposed to happen? We've been hearing about CBTC on the 7 line, have they even started putting that in yet? Have they started on the Culver line yet? Is the money even appropriated?

Mark my words: we'll all be dead and buried before all 3 CBTC projects happen. Just look at the progress of the Second Ave. subway.

What decade is that supposed to happen? We've been hearing about CBTC on the 7 line, have they even started putting that in yet? Have they started on the Culver line yet? Is the money even appropriated?

Mark my words: we'll all be dead and buried before all 3 CBTC projects happen. Just look at the progress of the Second Ave. subway.

I said, "it's on the board". That's basically all I said. I never said it is going to happen for sure or what not.

I said, "it's on the board". That's basically all I said. I never said it is going to happen for sure or what not.

Believe me, there is a lot of stuff "on the board". It's called a wish list. And most of it never happens. Look at the IND's "second system". How far did that go?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rules.

About a week before the implimentaion of the new pick, car assignments are published.

JYD will supply cars to the G line for the pick starting 6/27. No word it it will still be an R46 line tho. Again, we find out when the car assignment sheet comes out.

Stupid question: Is there a point to the (G) still using JYD if it's being shafted from the Queens Boulevard line?

Stupid question: Is there a point to the (G) still using JYD if it's being shafted from the Queens Boulevard line?

The cars still have to travel to a maintance yard no mattter what: CSQ to Jam Yd. or Church to CIYD. Granted the latter is a bit shorter, but all I'm doing is reporting that JYD will still handle the line, without personal commentary.

Don't forget, JYD will have a responsibility for fewer cars once they "lose" the V on 6/27 as all M's will be assigned to ENYD.

Archived