These Things Are About 6 Years Late

LOL <R>(1)(1)(0)(:P

p.s these new things are "not" paid by their operating budget where they doing these cuts, they"are"paid by the Capital improvement budget funds. ah people just don't get it, i feel sorry for the future then.

What do you mean people don't get it?

Still if it is a capital improvement they could of extracted that and placed in the budget..

Here's a stub from the article:

"The project was designed by in-house engineers and installed by in-house forces."

AND

"and in the future can also display advertising."

Some of you should probably read the article first before responding.

I like this a lot, these screens are cool, I just hope no one decides to vandalize them.

Won't happen by a long shot considering that CI has a police precinct above the tracks meaning CI has police day in and day out patrolling the station.

Ah geez. The (MTA) wants to save money but they are wasting money on crap thats not needed. Its hot but come on, your cuting service, making changes and laying off workers but instead you do this... Smh!

Anyways, nice catch dude!

Of all the stations this could be used, why Coney Island? And of all the useless things they could blow money on, why this?

A similar project done last year on the (L) involved the (MTA) installing TV screens showing the L line and what station the nearest train was. The project cost $15,000 to implement 15 screens (I'm not sure at how many stations). In the news article it said the (MTA) went to the nearest Best Buy and just bought 15 of these screens for $1,000 each.

THIS improvement means that 16 of these 32" TV screens were installed at the station. If you go on Best Buy's website a 32" TV screen is on sale for just $300. That means this project took a whopping $4,800 to implement. Seeing as how the (MTA) regularly deals with many hundred-million-dollar projects a project costing less than $5,000 is nothing. Not to mention it will help over a hundred thousand beachgoers over the summer. Also the fact that every other terminal in the system has a 'Next Train' sign already...

These signs will break within the year.

Ah geez. The (MTA) wants to save money but they are wasting money on crap thats needed. Its hot but come on, your cuting service, making changes and laying off workers but instead you do this... Smh!

Anyways, nice catch babe!

LOL <R>(1)(1)(0)(B)

p.s these new things are "not" paid by their operating budget where they doing these cuts, they"are"paid by the Capital improvement budget funds. ah people just don't get it, i feel sorry for the future then.

they can reroute $ from improvement to operating.

sentence in bold (in quote): RAPE! :P

Archived