Your Favorite Highways, Major Streets, & Roadway..

bstar1

Church Av - I like the stations it leads up to. I can easily connect to the (2)(5) (:P(Q) and (F) trains via the B35 bus or walking. It also intersects with major roads such as McDonald Av, Flatbush Av, Ocean Pkwy, Utica Av and Coney Island Pkwy.

The B35 used to be one of four home bus routes I lived by until I was eight years old. I remember riding RTS and Diesel Orion 5s on that route. They pwned.

My favorite street is Hylan Boulevard in Staten Island...I love sitting in the front of an Orion 5 on the S79 and hearing the bus shake and rattle, and on the back of a NG and having the bus bounce up and down.

I like any road with a 65 mph speed limit. OPEN IT UP, BABY!!!!! Around here that would be the New Jersey Turnpike south of Newark Airport and the I-87 on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge. You can do 80 on those two roads, and STILL get passed by!

What do you think about streets like Kings Highway, Linden Blvd in Brooklyn (not Queens), Queens Blvd, some parts of Woodhaven Blvd, Grand Concourse, Pelham Parkway, Eastern Parkway, Ocean Pkwy? With its unique style street roadways.

What do you think about streets like Kings Highway, Linden Blvd in Brooklyn (not Queens), Queens Blvd, some parts of Woodhaven Blvd, Grand Concourse, Pelham Parkway, Eastern Parkway, Ocean Pkwy? With its unique style street roadways.

I live between Linden Blvd in Brooklyn. Its a nice stretch where bus fans can catch many NIS MTA buses going up and down the Blvd. Im not that into buses but I do like seeing the NIS buses fly down the Blvd. My dad lives between Jamaica Av which is a busy avenue, espicially from 75 St going towards Jamaica Center. Not to mention theirs many good looking hispanic girls along their. Lol.

I like any road with a 65 mph speed limit. OPEN IT UP, BABY!!!!! Around here that would be the New Jersey Turnpike south of Newark Airport and the I-87 on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge. You can do 80 on those two roads, and STILL get passed by!

I hear you! I like driving faster than 55-60. I-684 also has a 65 MPH limit.

I like those streets, but I find it odd how Eastern Parkway has 2 lanes 1 way, but 3 lanes in the other direction.

Manhattan:

*Catherine Street and Catherine Slip

The Bronx:

*Grand Concourse and Boulevard

Brooklyn:

*New Utrecht Avenue

Queens:

*67th Avenue

Jersey City:

*Bleecker Street (Heights)

*Van Cleef Street (Greenville)

*Pacific Avenue (Lafayette)

*Boyd Avenue (Bergen)

Elizabeth:

*Catherine Street

Manhattan:

*Catherine Street and Catherine Slip

The Bronx:

*Grand Concourse and Boulevard

Brooklyn:

*New Utrecht Avenue

Queens:

*67th Avenue

Jersey City:

*Bleecker Street (Heights)

*Van Cleef Street (Greenville)

*Pacific Avenue (Lafayette)

*Boyd Avenue (Bergen)

Elizabeth:

*Catherine Street

Yeah Grand Concourse is really great, offers some great views when it is above regular streets

Kings highway is ok after it Howard avenue, then it gets stupid after ave p

Linden blvd is in horrible shape. as a truck driver who frequents that area the road is terrible and you hit every bump and speed bump, its too tight and you hit every other red light.

Queens blvd is ok, you can't speed near the mall or you'll get banged out by police.

Woodhaven blvd is good around 12pm you catch 1 green light your good the whole way towards howard beach or queens blvd. after that its downhill from there.

Grand concorse is cool, too many idiot cab drivers in and out of lanes.

Pelham parkway is a huge trap for a speeding ticket.

Eastern Parkway is ok, i'm rarely on it since its not a truck route, Same thing with Ocean Parkway.

As a road fan (ya im one lol)

Id pick

Bronx: East Tremont Avenue, Southern Blvd, Grand Concourse, Fordham Road/Pelham Pkway, City Island Avenue, Boston Road, Cross Bronx Expressway (I-95)

Manhattan: 145th Street, 135th Street, 125th Street, 106th Street, 8th Avenue, Broadway, 42nd Street, FDR/Harlem River Drive, Riverside Drive(Northern Secition), 155th Street, Canal Street, Wards Island(Area)

Queens: Corona Avenue, 108th Street, Yellowstone Blvd, Queens Blvd

Brooklyn: Surf Ave, Flatbush Ave, Nostrands Avenue, Brooklyn-Qns Expressway (i-278)

Kings highway is ok after it Howard avenue, then it gets stupid after ave p

Linden blvd is in horrible shape. as a truck driver who frequents that area the road is terrible and you hit every bump and speed bump, its too tight and you hit every other red light.

Queens blvd is ok, you can't speed near the mall or you'll get banged out by police.

Woodhaven blvd is good around 12pm you catch 1 green light your good the whole way towards howard beach or queens blvd. after that its downhill from there.

Grand concorse is cool, too many idiot cab drivers in and out of lanes.

Pelham parkway is a huge trap for a speeding ticket.

Eastern Parkway is ok, i'm rarely on it since its not a truck route, Same thing with Ocean Parkway.

Whenever possible, I avoid truck routes for purposes of driving between jobs. Some of the neighborhoods in Brooklyn are true lessons in patience and awareness when operating. Clinton, Court and York Streets and Bedford, Park, Bushwick, Vanderbilt, LaFayette, de Kalb, Willoughby, Blake, Sutter, Rogers and Kent (those damn bikers ruined the traffic path) Avenues, along with Avenues L and N are some of my preferred runs. Rockaway Parkway, Broadway, Church, Nostrand, Flatbush, Coney Island Avenues, Avenues U and Z, Quentin Road, and Fulton, Montague and Livingston Streets all suck to drive because of shopping and double-parked clowns. Tillary Street is always murder, and Flushing and Atlantic Avenues are pains in the ass because of constant contruction.

Kings Highway west of Ocean Avenue sucks because of shopping but it picks up east of there. Linden Boulevard is actually being repaved, though constant thru-truck traffic will give it grooves that Isaac Hayes couldn't touch within a short period of time.

I can take a 12'6" truck on any of the parkways without an issue (including the Belt), and that really helps when I'm in a rush. And I've also creeped under the 10'10" Brighton Viaduct on Avenue J. I just watch for the overpasses. *Kids: Don't try this at home (or on the road.)

My 13'6" puts a damper on most accessible streets, and driving through Canarsie and Sheepshead Bay is a surefire way to snag low phone and cable wires. Oops.

Eastern Parkway and Ocean Parkway are center-lane drives. I use the right and service lanes only when making turns or stops because of the clueless drivers, the tight lanes and especially the leaning trees and low limbs.

And Dan will probably agree with me on this one: industrial areas (Greenpoint, Gowanus, riverfront Red Hook, East Williamsburg and East New York in Brooklyn) are the easiest for trucks to travel, but they also offer the bumpiest rides.

Archived