Long Island Solid Blue Stripe

RH6291

When will LIB start to paint a solid blue stripe on the old Orions?

Most if not all, will never get re-painted. If there is a reason a bus that still has some service life needs to re-painted, then the MTA will do it.

They won't, the O5s CNGs are owned by Nassau County, and it costs money to repaint buses... just look at the crappy two tone on the ex BeeLine O5s

The buses are no longer owned by Nassau County, but by the MTA.

Most if not all, will never get re-painted. If there is a reason a bus that still has some service life needs to re-painted, then the MTA will do it.

The buses are no longer owned by Nassau County, but by the MTA.

Unless the registrations in them changed, they have "Property of Nassau County" in them, I don't think ownership has changed. (This excludes 1885-1890, which were originally assigned to Yukon.)

1568 was repainted though, but the orange stripe was added back since I shot it (1568 is a clickable link).

1456 also received a plain blue stripe before it was retired in spring 2009.

Unless the registrations in them changed, they have "Property of Nassau County" in them, I don't think ownership has changed. (This excludes 1885-1890, which were originally assigned to Yukon.)

1568 was repainted though, but the orange stripe was added back since I shot it (1568 is a clickable link).

1456 also received a plain blue stripe before it was retired in spring 2009.

Once the TA took them over, they officially became the property of MTA. Under Nassau County, the MTA only operated the buses and that was it. Now only the depot's are "officially" property of Nassau. But no, I don't think the registrations have changed at all.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

They won't, the O5s CNGs are owned by Nassau County, and it costs money to repaint buses... just look at the crappy two tone on the ex BeeLine O5s

That's not paint that's a big vinyl sticker that wraps around the buses, much like the buses in SBS duty

I see those buses every day and they have not even touched the O5s (I haven't seen 1568 at all), but the O7s are all in MTA livery.

I wonder what would happen if they took Suffolk County Transit over - would they leave it in MTA livery, as Suffolk's colors are blue and white?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Bus 1602 was also in the blue livery before getting changed back. Whats with the little orange piece still showing on each bus when they are tapped up? I guess its good that they're staying with the blue and orange so that nobody gets confused.

Only a few LI routes run into the city - I wonder how people will think NYC suddenly decided to run buses in Nassau.

Still, orange and blue will always be Nassau County's colors, but I wonder what city B/Os think when a LI Bus drives by.. where's that LI B/O that posted here?

Think about how many ex PBL buses stayed in thier old paint jobs for two or three years after MTA bus, mostly until they were retired.

Lets also remember how many MCI classics were given the white and blue paint job, literally right before they were retired. I seriously doubt the (MTA) will make that same mistake with LIbus.

Lets also remember how many MCI classics were given the white and blue paint job, literally right before they were retired. I seriously doubt the (MTA) will make that same mistake with LIbus.

The last bus to run for the MTA in non-MTA livery was bus #751 in late 2007, not counting Long Island Bus.

Archived