New Hoboken Photos 3/16/2008

Eric Kreszl

Nice pics and vid. You should post the photos here on the forum instead of the link. Question: Why does the engine in the first pic say (MTA) ?

The Metro-North locomotive #4901 is a GP40FH-2 locomotive. There is a pool agreement between NJ Transit and Metro-North where the share equipment so that NJ Transit has access to Port Jervis and Spring Valley NY on Metro-North routes in NY state because once the tracks cross the border into NY the tracks are automatically owned by Metro-North.

Eric

Thank you Eric for sharing the pictures!

I was wondering about the 2-car EMU set with car 1330, is it usual for NJT to operate trains that short?

I know the "Dinky" in Princeton is operated with 1 car only but it seems quite odd for the main lines starting at Hoboken.

I was wondering about the 2-car EMU set with car 1330, is it usual for NJT to operate trains that short?

I know the "Dinky" in Princeton is operated with 1 car only but it seems quite odd for the main lines starting at Hoboken.

I found that strange as well with the Arrow III MU set. I actually asked myself as well and the employees I asked found it strange as well.

Eric

Ridership isn't so great on lines out of Hoboken that run Arrow IIIs so thats why you'll see 2 car trains, 3 car trains, and 4 car trains. Its weird but it takes getting use to.

Archived