S/A Lay Off's Recommence

Will-Bx-718

As of Monday August 9th, 2010 and the two week period following that date my self and 211 of my classmates and co-workers can expect to be unemployed. This is what the letter I received in the mail states. They can't even give us a definitive date. I really wish they would so this circus could finally end. I guess they are going to do it like they did it last time. Hand deliveries while your at work with a three day notice telling you to report to P.S.248 to turn your stuff. I mean damn they couldn't even wait. The letter was dated July 29th, one day after they had their board meeting. They must of had those letter's pre-typed up and just dated and named them accordingly.

Well I got the second notice, as of August 13th 2010 I will be laid off. I have been working as much OT as I can. I will even work both my RDO's on wed and thurs before Im laid on friday. And thanx everybody. I will be back soon as I'm #244 on the C/R promotional list. So maybe in another 6 months I will be back on the job.

Well I got the second notice, as of August 13th 2010 I will be laid off. I have been working as much OT as I can. I will even work both my RDO's on wed and thurs before Im laid on friday. And thanx everybody. I will be back soon as I'm #244 on the C/R promotional list. So maybe in another 6 months I will be back on the job.

No you won't be man. That's why they are laying you off. You're confusing the MTA with doing things by the book. They will figure out some way to not contact promotionals that were laid off, even if it means not hiring conductors for the next year and making everyone else do overtime. That was the whole point of the layoffs, to have cheaper labor from OC conductors. $9.00 per hour less per new conductor will mean millions for the MTA in savings.

No you won't be man. That's why they are laying you off. You're confusing the MTA with doing things by the book. They will figure out some way to not contact promotionals that were laid off, even if it means not hiring conductors for the next year and making everyone else do overtime. That was the whole point of the layoffs, to have cheaper labor from OC conductors. $9.00 per hour less per new conductor will mean millions for the MTA in savings.

How do you know this, you don't work for them! Don't make him feel bad!

How do you know this, you don't work for them! Don't make him feel bad!

I don't recall asking your opinion about what I said, nor asking you if you had any questions for me either, so on that note I will leave you and not bother responding to you. The sugarcoating homepage is w ww.crybaby-I-need-to-be-lied-to-to-feel-better.com Maybe you should visit it.

I don't recall asking your opinion about what I said, nor asking you if you had any questions for me either, so on that note I will leave you and not bother responding to you. The sugarcoating homepage is wwwcrybaby-I-need-to-be-lied-to-to-feel-better.com. Maybe you should visit it.

Okay then, I'll leave it at that.

sorry to hear willbx, and good luck on the c/r promotional list. keep on having faith.

Very sorry to hear Will.. Shitty deal bro. Shitty deal. ;)

Keep your head up & stay positive. I don't know you outside of this website, but when I heard they did what they had to do & sent out the letters, I thought about you & another S/A I know. I feel your pain. Only difference is there doesn't seem to be hope of them calling you back. So I hope you do get called for the C/R position. Stay Strong.

Archived