Authorities hunting bus depot vandals believed to be disgruntled workers

Harry

Saboteurs struck at two bus depots in recent weeks, vandalizing and disabling more than two dozen buses, authorities said Monday.

In the stealth attacks - which officials think were carried out by disgruntled workers - the vandals filled fareboxes on 29 buses with construction foam, which expands and solidifies, NYC Transit confirmed.

The final cost for fixing or replacing the damaged equipment will be about $185,000, agency spokesman Charles Seaton said.

"This senseless vandalism victimizes both NYC Transit, who must use scarce funding to make repairs, and our customers who can't ride that bus while repairs are being made," Seaton said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/12/2010-10-12_185g_in_damage_to_depots_by_vandal.html#ixzz12EwzlSi8

post-1-133288582212_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288582212_thumb.jpg

Bunch of cowards whoever is doing this, once caught they should be locked up since they aren't fit to live in society. If you have a beef with somebody handle it like a man face to face. Somebody mentioned on Bus Chat that it could be people from management doing this vandalism, I highly doubt it, why would you want to bring negative attention to your depot.

There were no B/O layoffs at LGA, just a few in any at all at CS, both are under different unions, so you can rule out B/O's. It has to be somebody from inside the depot who has unsupervised access to the buses.

Bunch of cowards whoever is doing this, once caught they should be locked up since they aren't fit to live in society. If you have a beef with somebody handle it like a man face to face. Somebody mentioned on Bus Chat that it could be people from management doing this vandalism, I highly doubt it, why would you want to bring negative attention to your depot.

There were no B/O layoffs at LGA, just a few in any at all at CS, both are under different unions, so you can rule out B/O's. It has to be somebody from inside the depot who has unsupervised access to the buses.

Management would use any means necessary to turn public opinion against us hourly workers.

The first batch of damaged buses was discovered before the morning rush on Sept. 27 at the Casey Stengel depot near Citi Field in Queens, NYC Transit said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/12/2010-10-12_185g_in_damage_to_depots_by_vandal.html#ixzz12G4SvbMR.

Whoa, right here in Flushing!! I'll be damned!! Interesting.... I'll most definitely be keeping an eye out next time I'm in the vicinity!!

Archived