Pre-Employment Notice

Prezzi718

He will most likely get put on the extra list. If he is lucky and gets a run, it will most likely be a PM run with either tues/wed or wed/thursday off.

I called H.R. the other day and was told i won't get called back till at least the spring, if things go good. So I am going over to mta bus for the mean time.

Most likely late PM's, the shift that is least desired at the MTA. RDO's(days off)Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday. After his 3 weeks of line training he will have about 11 months left on his probation.

One thing about working those hours is that there is less supervision(Road Ops mainly). But yeah he will be coming home from work very late. Keep us updated yub.:tup:

1st of all he will have 1 year from his 1st day at Zerega till his probation ends.

2nd He will go on the extra list till January 2nd when the new pick starts UNLESS he is forced on a Further Notice or Rest of Pick run which usually happens to people that are last to go to which ever depot they chose.

3rd There is no such thing as least desired days of ...I have guys by me who work mid days or late PMs and have 10 years or more on job.

Its whatever schedule you need to be with your family esp if you have school age kids and have to watch them/pick them up.

There are guy by me with a year on the job working early mornings with M/T T/W W/T off.....Its what each individual needs.

4th Local 100 depots got a raise with new contract ATU 1056 didnt not get one yet so are still at the old rate. But if you live in Queens or LI and want to stay in 1 depot with out being bumped around during a system pick....come to a Queens depot or go to Staten Island if thats where you live.

Are there any open slots at CS at this time Flash? I know you guys got hammered during the service cuts over the summer.

Thanks Flash for making the corrections, I must have been confused with RTO regarding least desired shifts, the Flash knows what he is talking about. What is holding up the new contract for ATU 1056?

Thanks harry. I did the medical today and qualified. I start a class on Nov 21st.

Just a heads up Prezzi, when you get out on the road in a day or two your

instructor is going to be hard on you guys.

Just don't take it personally. They are just doing their job which is to make sure you qualify driving the MTA way. Give them what they want. Good luck and keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
It was a rough week but I qualified today (day 7). Thanks to all the info from this forum I was able to see what was ahead. Everyone in my group passed. Had a real cool instructor.

Congrats man, you were behind the wheel of the RTS

Training bus, you made it all happen. What a day to

qualify with the wind and the rain.

Update!

My husband passed his CDL road test today.B) YAY! tomorrow is pick day and the word is that next week is graduation. Line training has been good.

Congrats to your husband. Where was the DMV road test?

In the Bronx? If next week is graduation I guess they have

finished this round of hiring for now.

Congrats man, you were behind the wheel of the RTS

Training bus, you made it all happen. What a day to

qualify with the wind and the rain.

Thanks. It wasn't easy with that weather but the instructor understood. Only about 26 people out of a class of around 50 passed on the 7th day. Hopefully they'll do good today. I'm still not out of the woods yet. Still can screw up on line training. Hopefully I don't.

Hi I'm new to the forum; does anyone know if list 8006 clock start ticking when the TA hires or has it already lost a year?

That is a very good question, all that I know is on the

DCAS automated line it says the list will terminate on

August 12,2013. The last eligible certified from the 8006

list is #191. To my knowledge they haven't started calling

from the 8006 list yet.

thanks Locomotion!

yes the road test was in the Bronx and the graduation is on Wed in Zerega @ 7am. So what happens @ graduation?

I dug up this post from a current B/O. "ditja"

"expect to stay in the class room for the whole 8 hours, excluding breaks and lunch. they will teach everything he needs to know before going solo. he'll get his badge and a cert at the end. btw, don't be late."

I thought graduation was at that NYCTA school in south Brooklyn.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I'm new to the forum; does anyone know if list 8006 clock start ticking when the TA hires or has it already lost a year?

I think I found your answer from a post from SubwayGuy who is a very solid source for information on here.

"They'll have to eventually. The Open Competitive lists are good for about 4 years and the clock doesn't start ticking on them until just about when the first person is called." :tup:

Queens is the place to be!

i went to casey stengal i picked it after line training.to many supervisors there just looking to write you up for anything.i went there with a lot of people there is no one left.i should have stayed at fresh pond depot everyone still there and some went to maspeth.yes casey stengal has nice runs but rather have a job then go there where they always want to fire new operators next time i know where to go and where not i forgot once you pick queens or staten island thats it.you cant go no where else if you dont like it where you picked your screwed.as for local 100 so many deots to move around.:cool:

With Local 100 depots you are at risk of getting bumped

and bounced around. There was a B/O on here who has

worked in 5 different depots since getting hired a couple

of years ago. That is a huge adjustment learning the new

routes, etc.

Logic would dictate to pick a depot that is closest to home

but that is not always possible which is why they ask you

to put down 3 depots.

Looks like the MTA failed in their court battle to deny the 3% raise. The current contract with transit workers expires in January 2012.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/15/2010-12-15_a_big_win_for_mta_workers.html

i went to casey stengal i picked it after line training.to many supervisors there just looking to write you up for anything.i went there with a lot of people there is no one left.i should have stayed at fresh pond depot everyone still there and some went to maspeth.yes casey stengal has nice runs but rather have a job then go there where they always want to fire new operators next time i know where to go and where not i forgot once you pick queens or staten island thats it.you cant go no where else if you dont like it where you picked your screwed.as for local 100 so many deots to move around.:cool:

PM me and let me know what happened that you dont like it here!

It takes alot to get written up here at Stengel

Archived