Pre-Employment Notice

Prezzi718

Just received the Pre-Employment letter to report to 180 Livingston st for pre-interview and laboratory exam for Bus Operator on oct 22, 2010. Im on the list for Exam # 5025 list # 4,100's. I was wondering what does that day consist of and would I be there long.

you go in, fill out some papers then go into a room for a interview which is nothing more than seeing if you can speak and listen english language and a drug test. afterwards they will tell you when to come back at another time for the full medical exam which will last for the whole day.

Get there 1-1.5 hours early, so you can get better number, and not stick around there whole day.

Ones you get the number and go sit down,

they will start calling first for every one to get in line, but thats only to drop off your letter and your license, the real wait will be later ;) and as long as you have the low number you will be in and out fast.

For the second day you will be called, make sure you get there 2-3 hours early, you want to be as close to number 1, they will go by these numbers again, your list number dont mean nothing, if the class if full, Thats it the class is full !

I came at 8 AM ( my letter sad come at 8 am ) and by the time i went through medical and stuff the first class was filled up, so i was given the second class start day. ( there are people 1 class ahead of me who have higher 5025 list numbers then me, but because they came early and were able to get into the first class they have higher seniority numbers then me.

The part to be concerned with is the Pre Employment medical,Especially if you get a doctor with a last name tht starts with a D.God help you if you get her.She made me go to so many different doctors costing me thousands of my own money,but thats another stor for another day.She is a legend in the TA for getting people restricted and what not.

Chances are that 90% of you reading this wont pass the medical the first time.You need to be in excellent health to pass it the first time.

just wondering how was the pre emploment i have to go on tues oct 26 how is it are they on your shoulder or watching u when u pee and how long does it take

Are there really starting to call people from the list with all these cuts and layoffs that are still going on? I'm confused:confused: none of this makes no sense to me. Why's that?

just wondering how was the pre emploment i have to go on tues oct 26 how is it are they on your shoulder or watching u when u pee and how long does it take

Well I got there about 1hr early so I was number 4. You get there they tell you to line up with your notice in hand and to write your telephone number on the top. You Hand in your notice and they give you a set of paperwork to fill out ,sign in and sit back down until they call your number. When they get to your number you hand in your paperwork they gave you and your application you received in the mail, they check it for any errors. You'll receive a package and then they send you to the laboratory for drug testing. When drug testing you put your things in a locker, empty your pockets and wash your hand. The person drug testing lets you pick a cup and shows you how much urine they need. You go to the rest room urinate in the cup (by yourself) and bring it back. The person fills up 2 other bottles while you watch then ask you to sign for the testing. Once all that is over your done. I was there a little under 2hrs from 7:30. Get there early it was a lot of people there.

Well I got there about 1hr early so I was number 4. You get there they tell you to line up with your notice in hand and to write your telephone number on the top. You Hand in your notice and they give you a set of paperwork to fill out ,sign in and sit back down until they call your number. When they get to your number you hand in your paperwork they gave you and your application you received in the mail, they check it for any errors. You'll receive a package and then they send you to the laboratory for drug testing. When drug testing you put your things in a locker, empty your pockets and wash your hand. The person drug testing lets you pick a cup and shows you how much urine they need. You go to the rest room urinate in the cup (by yourself) and bring it back. The person fills up 2 other bottles while you watch then ask you to sign for the testing. Once all that is over your done. I was there a little under 2hrs from 7:30. Get there early it was a lot of people there.

What is your exam number for B/O?

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 2 months already since the story broke on the Daily News that they were planning on hiring 125 B/O's for NYCT.

Samuelson said at the time that the MTA was doing this out of spite since there was and still are B/O's who are laid off(Mabstoa). Looks like they are in no hurry to get a class of B/O's......

Didn't somebody post on here that on the pre-employment letter it said something that the process can take up to 1,000 days after your 1st visit to 110 Livingston St?:eek:

My husband is from list 5025 and began his training on 10/25 and qualified today. Thank God! :o He has to head to Zerega on Monday. He said there was a total of 52 people in orientation, I guess he will see on Monday how many passed training. Next step line training right?

Congrats to your husband for qualifying today(day 10),:eek:

very few pass on the last day, next up is 3 weeks of line training at a depot not chosen by him

I think.

Ditja: Flatbush B/O, post from about a year ago.

"he guy failed u on day 9 and said u gonna pass on day10......but did he tell u only about 10% will pass on day 10?

Sometimes even less than that... The fact is they don't think anyone that goes to day 10 can handle the bus, unless the student prove them wrong. Even if u pass on day 10, they will make u sign a paper stating that, if u have an accident during line training, or even with ur own car. They will fire u."

Congrats to your husband for qualifying today(day 10),:eek:

very few pass on the last day, next up is 3 weeks of line training at a depot not chosen by him

I think.

...."

depot not chosen by him ???

Why ? There will be a small pick and every one will get to chose the depot. So it is chosen by him.

Yub, search for a thread that i have started about August of last year, or July, it will show you step by step what each day/week will hold for the next month ( thread was called 5025 first weeks or something like that )

I was mistaken, the depot where you go for your 10 days

of qualifying you have no choice in. Now about line training

it's based on list number out of those who passed. There is no guarantee that you will get into the depot that you want, there are only so many available slots for each depot that is picked.

Archived