Question about the R

Calvin

There are no R160s assigned to the (R), but you will see a few from time to time if it is needed to make service. I ride one about once every two weeks or so. I've caught it around most times of day (except late nights since I don't use the train then) too.

R-160s have never been assigned to the (R), even during that brief period when there was an abundance of them last spring. Ever since the service reductions went into effect, it became more important that they be on the (F) and they were a rare site on the (R) for a while after that. Now they seem to be becoming more common, but still only a select few trains.

Doubt it. If they increase (R) service, it'll be more R46s and R160s, nothing more, nothing less. The R32s are staying on the (C) and the R42s (what few are left) will remain on the (J) and (Z) lines.

I think the bigger question is what will happen If the (G) is assigned to CI freeing up Jamaica's R-46s.

There is No Chance of cacthing an R32 on the (R) because they are no R32's in Jamaica yard but they do run a set or two on the (R) during Rush Hours, just put it this way the R160's are like the R32's on the (R), same intervauls, same shit, I haven't seen one though but I know they don't want them on the (R) unless they need a train

as for the R42 they need to get rid of them shits, there is enough trains (R32's) to replace them since there are over 50 R32's in storage. The R42's are doing real bad , they run good but they look like trash.

I know that I meant that like by some impossible divine miracle where there's that much of a shortage at Jamaica where they would pick an R32. That's dumb and illogical

Looks have nothing to do with quality, but of course if they give the R42's a paint job it would be ok.

Trust me those cars are toast. Don't get me wrong, I love the R42s as much as the next guy but its their time to go...the plan the (MTA) has is to give what's left of the R32s & R42s in service (already on borrowed time at that) an SMS so they can last 5 more years until the next car order (presumably the R179 or so they say) comes in.

I think the bigger question is what will happen If the (G) is assigned to CI freeing up Jamaica's R-46s.

That may happen as soon as this pick according to what I have been hearing all over the place. Should that happen, Jamaica will be 100% R160 and then people can't blame them for not repairing them because most are still under warranty. And the R46s from the (G) and (R) are rumored to go to the (N) and possibly the (Q).

That may happen as soon as this pick according to what I have been hearing all over the place. Should that happen, Jamaica will be 100% R160 and then people can't blame them for not repairing them because most are still under warranty. And the R46s from the (G) and (R) are rumored to go to the (N) and possibly the (Q).

R46 (N) train...this should be a sight. And the pick goes in effect on the 12th this month right???

Archived