Question about the R

Calvin

I believe it depends on the yard, not the line, and, if there is any need for an extra train on the (R), then the R - 160 or whatever train is available will be used.

No it does depend on the yard. You'll never see a Coney Island R160 on the (R), it'll always be out of Jamaica.

No it does depend on the yard. You'll never see a Coney Island R160 on the (R), it'll always be out of Jamaica.

I did say that, though. But thanks for telling which yard it comes from. I don't know a lot about yard assignments, but I've already read too many threads about R - 160s and whether or not it runs on the (R) line or the (F) line or so on.

I did say that, though. But thanks for telling which yard it comes from. I don't know a lot about yard assignments, but I've already read too many threads about R - 160s and whether or not it runs on the (R) line or the (F) line or so on.

I see what you mean.

Basically, rumors is tat (R) uses R160s 1% of time on weekends and mostly weekday rush hours. Does R160s still count as (R) fleet? or its just R46s

I would say no, they show up too infrequently. Its like the R142s on the (1) they only show up when they need more cars for something

There are no R160s assigned to the (R), but you will see a few from time to time if it is needed to make service. I ride one about once every two weeks or so. I've caught it around most times of day (except late nights since I don't use the train then) too.

Not true, I have had 160s on the (R) for a trip or two due to B/O equipment. It's rare but it happens every once in a while. Once this happens, every effort is made to send the borrowed set back to it's proper line,

Guest lance25

Doubt it. If they increase (R) service, it'll be more R46s and R160s, nothing more, nothing less. The R32s are staying on the (C) and the R42s (what few are left) will remain on the (J) and (Z) lines.

Not true, I have had 160s on the (R) for a trip or two due to B/O equipment. It's rare but it happens every once in a while. Once this happens, every effort is made to send the borrowed set back to it's proper line,

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out :cool:

I thought the R40's left already both slanted and nonslanted. If they do increase the amount of (R) trains running to make up for the (Mx) we might see R42's and R32's on the (R).

R32's: .000001% chance...it would have to be a super ultra mega car shortage at Jamaica

R42's: there's only 48 cars left (6 (J) and/or (Z) trains). Those aren't moving from ENY anytime soon. Besides, theyre in 8 car sets, it would cost time & money to break one apart to make it a 10 car set, PLUS send it all the way up to Jamaica just for servive. For all of that, they can just borrow a R160 set from the (E) or (F)

R32's: .000001% chance...it would have to be a super ultra mega car shortage at Jamaica

R42's: there's only 48 cars left (6 (J) and/or (Z) trains). Those aren't moving from ENY anytime soon. Besides, theyre in 8 car sets, it would cost time & money to break one apart to make it a 10 car set, PLUS send it all the way up to Jamaica just for servive. For all of that, they can just borrow a R160 set from the (E) or (F)

There is No Chance of cacthing an R32 on the (R) because they are no R32's in Jamaica yard but they do run a set or two on the (R) during Rush Hours, just put it this way the R160's are like the R32's on the (R), same intervauls, same shit, I haven't seen one though but I know they don't want them on the (R) unless they need a train

as for the R42 they need to get rid of them shits, there is enough trains (R32's) to replace them since there are over 50 R32's in storage. The R42's are doing real bad , they run good but they look like trash.

Guest lance25

Actually the plan is to keep the R32s & R42s around until 2015. Any more would be pushing them to the limit. The R32s are nearly 50 years old and the R42s are rusting. You can only patch up something for so long before it just falls apart.

Archived