Is the 3 line useful?

That question is a hard one. All the three does is fill in for an extra few stops. Not the most useful train, but it has meaning...right?

We can also bring back the 9 trains as a 24/7 train line running from south ferry to chambers and then switching express and running all the way via express to Lenox. That would be a pretty neat idea.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as a daily user of the 3 train, it does its job. If it's there to supplement the 2 or provide medium service out here on Livonia, it does its job. If the 4 were to replace the 3 to New Lots at all times, it would be crowded beyond belief during rush hour. It's an ok line.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
That question is a hard one. All the three does is fill in for an extra few stops. Not the most useful train, but it has meaning...right?

the 3 is a very important train. it fills in for more than just a few extra stops, the 3 is the only regular service train that goes between New lots avenue and Utica avenue in brooklyn

The 3 is extremely useful; In My Opinion thats is. When I was working in Lower Manhattan in the New York Mercantile Exchange which is located right near the American Express Towers, I used to take the B from Brighton Beach to Atlantic Av-Pacific St, and change for the 2/3 to Park Place. Most of the time I caught the 3 and it was superb. 99% of the time, the R-62s, Were Ice-cold ! lol, and it ran/runs* through the Clark St tube at a great speed.

Coming home I used to take the 2/3 from Park Place back to Atlantic for the B/Q back to Brighton; that being said, the 3 was usually the less crowded than the 2. Usually always guaranteed a seat around 3:00pm on a Brooklyn Bound 3. I believe that the 2 does in fact have more ridership in Brooklyn going to Flatbush Av, but the 3 is there doing its thing. I dont feel however the 3 is a supplement of any sort; its its own route. The 9 was the Supplment to the 1, 100%.

Besides, I would much rather board an R-62/R-62A 3 train than an R142 2 train :)

I think the 3 has a lot of people between Utica and New Lots since a lot of people use the 4 to get to/from the 3.

I like the 3 train if I have to go somewhere on Lenox Avenue since its has more empty seats than the 2.

I agree Brighton, I would rather ride a R62 3 train than a R142 2 train too!

Archived