Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manhattan_Bound

Is the 3 line useful?

That question is a hard one. All the three does is fill in for an extra few stops. Not the most useful train, but it has meaning...right?

We can also bring back the 9 trains as a 24/7 train line running from south ferry to chambers and then switching express and running all the way via express to Lenox. That would be a pretty neat idea.

Well, as a daily user of the 3 train, it does its job. If it's there to supplement the 2 or provide medium service out here on Livonia, it does its job. If the 4 were to replace the 3 to New Lots at all times, it would be crowded beyond belief during rush hour. It's an ok line.

That question is a hard one. All the three does is fill in for an extra few stops. Not the most useful train, but it has meaning...right?

the 3 is a very important train. it fills in for more than just a few extra stops, the 3 is the only regular service train that goes between New lots avenue and Utica avenue in brooklyn

Adding another subway to-do to my list, gotta go ride a 3 train... But I'm sure there's a little use for it, it's not just an accessory like the 9 was.

The 3 is extremely useful; In My Opinion thats is. When I was working in Lower Manhattan in the New York Mercantile Exchange which is located right near the American Express Towers, I used to take the B from Brighton Beach to Atlantic Av-Pacific St, and change for the 2/3 to Park Place. Most of the time I caught the 3 and it was superb. 99% of the time, the R-62s, Were Ice-cold ! lol, and it ran/runs* through the Clark St tube at a great speed.

Coming home I used to take the 2/3 from Park Place back to Atlantic for the B/Q back to Brighton; that being said, the 3 was usually the less crowded than the 2. Usually always guaranteed a seat around 3:00pm on a Brooklyn Bound 3. I believe that the 2 does in fact have more ridership in Brooklyn going to Flatbush Av, but the 3 is there doing its thing. I dont feel however the 3 is a supplement of any sort; its its own route. The 9 was the Supplment to the 1, 100%.

Besides, I would much rather board an R-62/R-62A 3 train than an R142 2 train :)

I think the 3 has a lot of people between Utica and New Lots since a lot of people use the 4 to get to/from the 3.

I like the 3 train if I have to go somewhere on Lenox Avenue since its has more empty seats than the 2.

I agree Brighton, I would rather ride a R62 3 train than a R142 2 train too!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.