Q8

WannaBeMTA12

hey my fellow MTA patrons.....would it make sense to make a Q8 LIMITED....i think so....whos wit me...whos against me.....post ur opinions!!!! i say there should be one, if one was to work in gateway and live in queens, it would make a quicker trek into bk to get to Gateway

It would probably make sense during rush hours, since there aren't any east-west limited-stop routes in the area (though the (A) and (J) are somewhat nearby). The ridership is a bit low for a limited (around 8,800 passengers per weekday), but there are some routes with lower ridership that still have limited service.

hey my fellow MTA patrons.....would it make sense to make a Q8 LIMITED....i think so....whos wit me...whos against me.....post ur opinions!!!! i say there should be one, if one was to work in gateway and live in queens, it would make a quicker trek into bk to get to Gateway

Sorry Wannabe but as i stated before the (Q8) does not qualify for rush hour 'limited stop' service. So Checkmate is little off on this one. First it does not have 5-6 minute headways at any time. Plus you do have the nearby (J) and (A) for faster service between East NY/Spring Creek and SW Queens.

Finally there are other Queens lines that are more in need of 'limited' service than the (Q8). The (Q8) probably needs artics and or better headways first before we discuss Q8 'limited' service.

Sorry Wannabe but as i stated before the (Q8) does not qualify for rush hour 'limited stop' service. So Checkmate is little off on this one. First it does not have 5-6 minute headways at any time. Plus you do have the nearby (J) and (A) for faster service between East NY/Spring Creek and SW Queens.

Finally there are other Queens lines that are more in need of 'limited' service than the (Q8). The (Q8) probably needs artics and or better headways first before we discuss Q8 'limited' service.

But don't some routes on SI qualify, despite having 15 minute headways (if the limited weren't running, it would be more like 8-10)?

And, whenever the MTA creates limited-stop service isn't it just some local trips turned into limited trips? So, it wouldn't really cost the MTA anything (in fact it would save some money because of the shorter runtime).

But don't some routes on SI qualify, despite having 15 minute headways (if the limited weren't running, it would be more like 8-10)?

And, whenever the MTA creates limited-stop service isn't it just some local trips turned into limited trips? So, it wouldn't really cost the MTA anything (in fact it would save some money because of the shorter runtime).

When i still lived in Brooklyn a decade and attended a (MTA) meeting, an high ranking offical gave the 'offical' details on when they created a 'limited' aka express on a (NYCT) (MTA) bus 'local' route. For the '4' boros, it has to be

5-6 minutes or less 7 days a week. While in SI as you stated correctly Checkmate since it designed for connecting SI Ferry service, the SI buses 'limited stop' service headways is 12 minutes or less.

Still stand by my view on why the (Q8)will probably never have 'limited' stop service. The (Q24) will likely get it first.

forget SI routes, theres one in queens...the Q36 LIMITED WHYYYYY?

forget SI routes, theres one in queens...the Q36 LIMITED WHYYYYY?

The (Q36) should not had gotten a limited since the riders on Jericho Turnpike/East Jamaica Ave. have nearby (Q43) and N6 and N22/N24 run either as a limited and or 'close door' in Queens to the (E)(F) and LIRR stations as alternative.

That another example of the (MTA) playing 'favorites' with politically connected neighborhoods.:eek:

cant argue there :P

Sad but true:(. However offically the 5-6 minute headways along the main route and 10-12 minutes or less of a major coordior route i.e (M101) limited and (M102) (M103) on Lex/3rd Aves. on the East Side being the examples from what an (MTA) offical stated about creating 'limited' stop service from a meeting about 10 years ago said to use in the crowd.

The S89 in the off-peak direction has 30 minute headways and the S93 has 20 minute headways at one point. And after the Q6 received a limited out of all the Queens routes, anything is possible.

You have to consider that those routes are pretty much their own seperate routes, and that the point in them having limited-stop service is to bring people from major stops to their terminals in Bayonne and Bay Ridge, respectively.

When i still lived in Brooklyn a decade and attended a (MTA) meeting, an high ranking offical gave the 'offical' details on when they created a 'limited' aka express on a (NYCT) (MTA) bus 'local' route. For the '4' boros, it has to be

5-6 minutes or less 7 days a week. While in SI as you stated correctly Checkmate since it designed for connecting SI Ferry service, the SI buses 'limited stop' service headways is 12 minutes or less.

Still stand by my view on why the (Q8)will probably never have 'limited' stop service. The (Q24) will likely get it first.

The reason why it might be better on the (Q8) is because it is halfway between the (A) and (J) trains, whereas the (Q24) pretty much parallels the (J) train (and I don't think it runs that much more frequently than the (Q8).

The (Q36) should not had gotten a limited since the riders on Jericho Turnpike/East Jamaica Ave. have nearby (Q43) and N6 and N22/N24 run either as a limited and or 'close door' in Queens to the (E)(F) and LIRR stations as alternative.

That another example of the (MTA) playing 'favorites' with politically connected neighborhoods.:eek:

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but aren't limited-stop services alwayas established out of existing local services? So the limited didn't really cost the MTA any money.

The distance is there, the ridership is there, but the headways are not

The (Q36) definitely should not have gotten a LTD. The N6 and Q43 aren't ad nearby as you think. It's a hell of a distance between Hillside and Jamaica. The N24 runs open door between 238 St and city limits

Archived