Unknown Carmen Sandiego recording?

HarvestmanMan

Hello guys,

I have a cassette tape that is a few songs from the PBS kids' show "Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego?". It was released around 1992.

I was wondering if any of you subway nuts recognized this announcement that appears on the tape before the song "Beautiful Place" by David Yazbek and Urban Blight. It was a service cancellation announcement done by a man with a NYC accent. Here is what I remember of it:

"Attention New York City Transit passengers:

Due to minor trackwork, service has been indefinitely suspended on the following subway lines:

The number 1, the 2, the 3, and the number 9.

The F, the D, the N, Q, and R trains, the B, the E, all trains to and from Brooklyn, the A, the C, the Lexington Avenue Express, the number 7, and the Lexington Avenue Local.

All trains to and from the Bronx, Queens, to Westchester, and the Staten Island Ferry..."

Does anyone recognize when or where this was from? (Thanks to Joel_Up_Front for the translation help! It's a little hard getting through a NY accent sometimes. B) )

Hello guys,

I have a cassette tape that is a few songs from the PBS kids' show "Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego?". It was released around 1992.

I was wondering if any of you subway nuts recognized this announcement that appears on the tape before the song "Beautiful Place" by David Yazbek and Urban Blight. It was a service cancellation announcement done by a man with a NYC accent. Here is what I remember of it:

"Service has been indefinitely suspended for the following subway lines:

The F, the D, the N, Q, and R trains, the B, the E, all trains to and from Brooklyn, the (forgot), and the Lexington Avenue Local.

All trains to and from the Broad Street..."

Does anyone recognize when or where this was from? I'll try to transfer it to the ol' compy and upload it as soon as possible.

This will probably flood me with memories. I remember watching that show near-religiously. Upload it and we shall see what we can do.

This will probably flood me with memories. I remember watching that show near-religiously. Upload it and we shall see what we can do.

Yeah, apparently I used to watch it as well, but seeing as I was extremely young, I don't remember it so well.

Due to a glitch in Sound Recorder ("not enough memory") and having no other recording programs on the computer, I'll probably just record it with a camera.

Also it's 10:30 and I have exams tomorrow and I need to sleep. :confused:

Video is here.

Hello guys,

"Attention New York City Transit passengers:

Due to minor trackwork, service has been indefinitely suspended on the following subway lines:

The F, the D, the N, Q, and R trains, the B, the E, all trains to and from Brooklyn, the A, the C, the Lexington Avenue Express, the number 7, and the Lexington Avenue Local.

All trains to and from the Bronx, Queens, to Westchester, and the Staten Island Ferry..."

Does anyone recognize when or where this was from? (Thanks to Joel_Up_Front for the translation help! It's a little hard getting through a NY accent sometimes. B) )

So the only lines that aren't affected are the shuttles and the (G), since he mentions the (1), (2), (3), (9), the (F), the (D) the (N), (Q), (R), the (:P, the (E), all trains to and from Brooklyn (the (Mx), (J)/(Z), because come into Manhattan from Brooklyn), the Lexington Avenue Express ((4) and (5)), and the Lexington Avenue Local (6).

I wonder what that bit about the Ferry means. If I left a route out up there, it's because that he already mentioned it.

You've got to admit, if the only lines unaffected were the shuttles and the (G) , then that's not exactly MINOR trackwork! Only in NYC, I suppose...

Archived