Question on the Redbirds

dmouse

Hi,

This railfan was talking to me about Redbirds the other day and brought up something I never heard before.

He told me something about the CTA (Chicago Transpirtation Authority) was interested in the redbirds and wanted to buy them, but the (MTA) said no.

Is this true? If so any more info on it?

I've tried a few google searches but came up blank.

Hi,

This railfan was talking to me about Redbirds the other day and brought up something I never heard before.

He told me something about the CTA (Chicago Transpirtation Authority) was interested in the redbirds and wanted to buy them, but the (MTA) said no.

Is this true? If so any more info on it?

I've tried a few google searches but came up blank.

The bolded, italic, and underlined term should indicate that what you heard is merely speculation.

Interesting. The CTA uses railcars that are 48 feet 0 inches long (96 feet 0 inches long as a married pair).

A 51 foot long Redbird might be able to run on the Red or the Blue Lines (State Street and Dearborn Street subways) but maybe not on any of the Loop L Lines: Brown; Orange; Pink; Purple or Green Lines.

I don't use, but I'd love to know what "railfan" who told you this was on....

Some of the good stuff!

Thats it im not staying around Euclid anymore after 3. (J) from now on

I have met

- A Foamer that goes beyond what that means

-A "Special" kid who keeps going, "Did you know?"

- A junior that pretends to be an (MTA) expert

- another Foamer, that seems really mentally unstable

- the cukoo Railfan who told me this (hes cukoo because I dont believe this that much)

Ive only met 2 "SANE" Railfans

But baack on topic

I thought it was interesting but seemed kinda far not true, seeing how short their trains are, (well 3-4ft shorter) than a redbird

1. Who was the railfan that told you this?

2. Does he work for the (MTA)?

3. If no then you have to be careful where and who you get your information from. Put it this way if sounds to good to be true then it's not legit.

Sometimes even railfans who work for the TA can't be considered reliable. Hey it is what it is, I'm just stating facts.

Archived