TOR map - NYCT style

Amtrak7

After I had to hand over my LIB project to Kriston Lewis, and the MTA eventually caught up with us, I started another one, this time for Transport of Rockland. It's a lot simpler, so I will finish it, and I doubt TOR is drawing a new map. Currently, all TOR routes are drawn except for the Palisades Mall area. Clarkstown Mini-Trans will eventually be included too, but I will NEVER put Coach USA/private buses on it. Again, I'm using openstreetmap data.

The Monsey/Spring Valley area:

torteaser.png

For comparison, here is the official map:

http://co.rockland.ny.us/PublicTrans/TOR_RouteMap.pdf

I really like how many county buses show Interstate / State and US Route signs.. NYCT should add them too. Makes it easier to find where your going.

Man when i get a car im driving my ass on I87 all the way to the top lol..

I really like how many county buses show Interstate / State and US Route signs.. NYCT should add them too. Makes it easier to find where your going.

Man when i get a car im driving my ass on I87 all the way to the top lol..

Most people don't refer to state/US routes in NYC buy their numbers, only in the suburbs and rural areas. Interstates should go on, though.

I-87 all the way up would be the Canadian border.

Most people don't refer to state/US routes in NYC buy their numbers, only in the suburbs and rural areas. Interstates should go on, though.

I-87 all the way up would be the Canadian border.

Yep i know. Or take I95 to Maine and loop on US2 up there and back down lol..

Yep im a road fan :)

Completed the back of the map. I won't be doing anything more major on this for a while, just waiting for service cuts to see if some of the proposed cuts didn't get approved. If 92 retains Sunday service or 94 retains Saturday service, I may not be able to fit them in. Space is at a premium! The map is 18" by 23.6".

torbackcomplete1.png

torbackcomplete2.png

torbackcomplete3.png

• 1 month later...

Archived